Hello34
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've just started 1st Year law school and I've been told that I can, if I want to apply for Inns of Court now as I have to be a member by the May of the year I plan to do my BPTC.

Is this true? The Inns of court websites aren't really helping
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hello34)
So I've just started 1st Year law school and I've been told that I can, if I want to apply for Inns of Court now as I have to be a member by the May of the year I plan to do my BPTC.

Is this true? The Inns of court websites aren't really helping
Moved to Law
InnsofCourt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm afraid you can't join until the second year of your law degree or during your GDL if you are non-law grad.

The deadline to join is always the 31st May (or the Friday before if on a weekend) the year you intend to start the BPTC.

Unless an Inn is offering you some sort of scholarship or award to join early, my advice is to wait to see if you get a scholarship. By joining an Inn early means you are committed to them as switching Inns is a pain. You don't need to be a member of an Inn to apply for a GDL or BPTC scholarship, you only need to join to receive the money once it has been offered, so I would just wait until then. The only benefit of joining early is that you can start your qualifying sessions slightly earlier than everyone else and use the facilities but in reality most students don't do this until they are on the BPTC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (23)
13.29%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.2%
I need help with my personal statement (72)
41.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (40)
23.12%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.73%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
8.09%

Watched Threads