BMAT -scores needed for Oxford?

Watch this thread
plasmodesmateve
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,
I’m not sure if this has been touched upon in the official thread, but what scores do you realistically need in each section of the BMAT to have a chance of an interview at Oxford??
I think the first 2 sections went ok but I know I completely messed up the essay! My timings were alllllll wrong. I’m really worried I’ll get a 2 when I wanted a 4!! Is there a specific score you need for oxford?

Thanks and good luck!!
Foreverton
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
There’s no official cut off as 50% of selection is based on GCSEs. Realistically though no one gets an interview with less than 45% (approximately 4,4,3A) and almost no one with less than 55% (approximately 5,5,3A). The average score for someone who received an interview was 61% (approximately 5.5,5.5,3.5A). https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/me...cal/statistics
Foreverton
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I assumed you’ve applied for medicine although it is fairly similar for biomedical sciences. https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/bm...ons-statistics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (21)
32.31%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (24)
36.92%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.08%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.62%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.15%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.85%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.54%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise