The Student Room Group

My boyfriend blames me for everything...

Whenever my boyfriend drinks, he gets violent and angry and says anything he can to upset me. He brings up my past relationships and throws them back in my face. Whenever we have an argument it’s always my fault and it’s always me whose ruined his night. I’ve suggested he stops drinking but he doesn’t want to do that. He has also been to the doctors who have prescribed him anti-depressants. I don’t know what I can do to help him and myself...
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever my boyfriend drinks, he gets violent and angry and says anything he can to upset me. He brings up my past relationships and throws them back in my face. Whenever we have an argument it’s always my fault and it’s always me whose ruined his night. I’ve suggested he stops drinking but he doesn’t want to do that. He has also been to the doctors who have prescribed him anti-depressants. I don’t know what I can do to help him and myself...

Break up with him, simple as that.
Original post by Anonymous

Run away! Do not accept any abuse on you!
Edit: Whenever my ex-boyfriend drank, he would get violent and say anything he could to upset me...
I would encourage you to find a trusted adult such as a counselor at the school. I would encourage you to speak with the counselor about his behavior. You can also discuss with the counselor the idea of speaking with your family your boyfriend's behavior.. Perhaps the book Boundaries or Safe People would be helpful for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending