The Student Room Group

Stressing and upset

So, I applied to a school for sixth form and it's private but I received an email saying I was too late. I emailed a woman the day before the closing date and she said the latest I can submit it was the 31st even though it was 26th. I sent it on the 31st and now the whole "process" is over. No test no interview just paid the money to be told no. It's not like I'm not a high-achiever (not in a cocky way) but I'm an 8 or 9 in all subjects and predicted an 8 or 9 in all subjects (a 7 in one). What do I do ,because the exam is on the 9th and I need a bursary and they say they have had a high volume of applications? Do I call them today (mon 5th)? Is it enough time? I'm just really upset because I've invested so much time into this school and research and whatever and it's honestly my dream.
Original post by chunkypeanut123
So, I applied to a school for sixth form and it's private but I received an email saying I was too late. I emailed a woman the day before the closing date and she said the latest I can submit it was the 31st even though it was 26th. I sent it on the 31st and now the whole "process" is over. No test no interview just paid the money to be told no. It's not like I'm not a high-achiever (not in a cocky way) but I'm an 8 or 9 in all subjects and predicted an 8 or 9 in all subjects (a 7 in one). What do I do ,because the exam is on the 9th and I need a bursary and they say they have had a high volume of applications? Do I call them today (mon 5th)? Is it enough time? I'm just really upset because I've invested so much time into this school and research and whatever and it's honestly my dream.

i am sorry to hear of the way this school has treated you but if they treat you like that you are better off elsewhere. They are not likely to support you. You should request your money back forwarding a copy of the email where you misinformed. You could look for another private or state school instead. Many people do extremely well in local schools or colleges. There is also the possibility some leading universities will make lower contextual if your schools performance is poor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending