sayko12312
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey

So both my sister and I work part time. My sister has a legit job @topshop so she has a stable monthly earning whereas I do a *****y, unreliable but super flexible job in catering.

Now the problem is that when my mum asks me for money and I refuse she says that I'm selfish and my sister gets into super heated arguments with me, constantly reminding me of how horribly selfish I am.

My problem is that my job is unreliable some months I might get like £40 or 80 or nothing and the job is very straining physically whereas my sister works at topshop which i Imagine couldn't be that physically difficult and she earns around £200 per month and this is guaranteed thanks to her contract. She's probably the most selfless person I know because she splits her pay with my mum. And when she calls out that I'm so ****ing selfish I feel so *****y about myself especially because my mum got me this *****y job through my uncle.

However I remember that she said to earn enough to take care of myself. This because I had an argument with my dad and weve barely spoken in a year and he won't spend a penny on me including the fees for renewing my passport so this job is what allows me to keep myself up.

Now I don't know, this is the situation as I see it. If you want to ask facts please do.

But Im honestly asking for your opinion do you think I'm being selfish?
eklpwer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Huamnity is selfish for supporting the torture of billions of animals each year.

So anyone that calls you selfish is more than likely to be a hypocrite.
sayko12312
Rep:
?
(Original post by eklpwer)
Huamnity is selfish for supporting the torture of billions of animals each year.

Well that doesn't really answer my question its not like I help animals more than my sister does.
eklpwer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sayko12312)
Well that doesn't really answer my question its not like I help animals more than my sister does.
I am just making a point that humaity is hypocritical by nature anyway- so why do you care if a bunch of hypocrities call you selfish?
sayko12312
Rep:
?
I am just making a point that humaity is hypocritical by nature anyway- so why do you care if a bunch of hypocrities call you selfish?
To me they're not hypocrites, well their hypocrisy doesn't relate to the subject at least.
eklpwer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To me they're not hypocrites, well their hypocrisy doesn't relate to the subject at least.
They are hypocrites though.
sayko12312
Rep:
?
They are hypocrites though.
Ok cool thank you for your help
Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn’t share anything if I only earned £200 a week tbf and if I did only about £40 - not half like your sister is doing - she’s leaving herself short

If you are earning only £100 and less - I don’t see why you should contribute - you don’t earn enough to do that. That doesn’t make you selfish. You are just not better off atm and you need that money for you and to buy food etc if need so
eklpwer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok cool thank you for your help
Hiw can you say people aren't hypocrites?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your sister wants to share her earnings with her mum (which quite frankly sounds mad) then that's her prerogative. She shouldn't be giving you a hard time just because you don't follow her train of thought. Contribute to the household if you want but no parent/sibling should expect you to give away half your earnings every month, especially when you're earning so little.

Perhaps a better idea would be look at it like a percentage. If your sister is giving 50% to your mum, so roughly £100, maybe you could give 25% or 20%? I don't think either of them realise how little income you would be left with if you gave away so much of your wage.
plznoban
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey

So both my sister and I work part time. My sister has a legit job @topshop so she has a stable monthly earning whereas I do a *****y, unreliable but super flexible job in catering.

Now the problem is that when my mum asks me for money and I refuse she says that I'm selfish and my sister gets into super heated arguments with me, constantly reminding me of how horribly selfish I am.

My problem is that my job is unreliable some months I might get like £40 or 80 or nothing and the job is very straining physically whereas my sister works at topshop which i Imagine couldn't be that physically difficult and she earns around £200 per month and this is guaranteed thanks to her contract. She's probably the most selfless person I know because she splits her pay with my mum. And when she calls out that I'm so ****ing selfish I feel so *****y about myself especially because my mum got me this *****y job through my uncle.

However I remember that she said to earn enough to take care of myself. This because I had an argument with my dad and weve barely spoken in a year and he won't spend a penny on me including the fees for renewing my passport so this job is what allows me to keep myself up.

Now I don't know, this is the situation as I see it. If you want to ask facts please do.

no your shellfish
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it's so sh*tty and unrelaible looking for a better job would be a good start.
plznoban
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Spoiler:
Show

ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah you're not selfish why is your sister giving your mom money anyway? That's really uncommon. One off is fine, bur I've never heard of splitting your wage. Like it is really nice of her but it isn't necessary, she earns her money so its for her to decide what she does with it. Its your money earned through your hard work so it is up to you where it goes, its for you. Your mom didn't earn it, she doesn't deserve it but it doesn't mean you can't give her some of course.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you actually afford yo give your mum any money? If you can't, it's not selfish.
sayko12312
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
If it's so sh*tty and unrelaible looking for a better job would be a good start.
It's flexible which means if I need to revise or do something else I can just say no without repercussions
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey

How old are you?
How much is your mother asking for per month?
LostAccount
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Frankly sounds like you come from a cactus family.

The job is crap anyway and only seems to come in the middle of your family relations so come back from work one day and say you got fired. Better look for something else anyway.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not selfish at all.

It's your wage and you don't even earn that much of it! I really don't understand parents that think they're entitled to their kids wages
TheTroll73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LOLE with that earning you can't share a penny lol

not your fault so you're not selfish

tell your sister and mum that with what you earn you barely keep yourself up so if you shared you're pretty much RIP.

geez
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (88)
18.92%
Labour (229)
49.25%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.12%
Green Party (28)
6.02%
Brexit Party (6)
1.29%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.65%
SNP (10)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.65%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.29%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)