Should I give up on dating apps? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm a 22 year old gay male who's average looking, 6'2 and am of around average weight. I'm telling you this as I think it's relevant.

I've been using dating apps and apps for meeting people for years now and I'm not getting anywhere, I can partially see why though, I'm not completely oblivious to why but I still don't see why five years later I'm still searching.

The lads on dating sites are mostly after sex, despite being on dating sites, there are sex sites they can use so it's sort of annoying. The next problem is that most of them are very camp so they're not my type in the first place.

When it comes to messaging it's recommended to say more than Hey or hey how are you but when I send a few sentences and get ignored I feel like an idiot. This is the same with my bio, I feel like I can't put up a lengthy bio as people I know in real life will see it and take the Mick. If I'm just on there with 4-5 pictures and nothing else I can say I'm just browsing if they try to laugh.

The amount of messages I send out to replies I get is a joke, I'll have to sit there all day sending out messages to tens of other members to get a single response. I understand that people are busy but if I only sent out lets say five messages a day I wouldn't be getting any responses at all.

The only people that message me are old enough to be my dad or are seriously over weight and it really knocks my confidence, I'm aware that I can't have too high standards but why isn't anybody who's in my league or even a league below messaging me? It's always old men or people with three chins. Anyone I find attractive never wants to talk to me or if they do they'll put in no effort and give two word responses and eventually ignore me after a short while.

What can I do to actually be successful?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
The Apps are awful. Yes most are looking for a quick shag or have a boyfriend and are looking for a quick shag! I'm not saying don't us them but don't expect much from them.

Are there any gays bars near you? Or groups you could join to meet people.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The Apps are awful. Yes most are looking for a quick shag or have a boyfriend and are looking for a quick shag! I'm not saying don't us them but don't expect much from them.

Are there any gays bars near you? Or groups you could join to meet people.
I went to a gay bar about two years ago and never again, it was full of overly camp boys and pervy married middle aged men. I got talking to this woman there, just as friends and she told me that gay bars are usually like that so it put me off from going again. I'm guessing LGBT groups would be the same thing.

I think with dating apps they're either not ready to date or just want sex, it's frustrating but I only use them because I can't sit around and do nothing at all and then wonder why I'm single. I just feel like I'm going to be forever single, if I was straight I wouldn't be having this problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (137)
18.03%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.13%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.39%

Watched Threads