LMartin1013
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive applied to do veterinary at Liverpool, Bristol, Nottingham and Surry. Just wondering if anyone has got an interview from any Veterinary colleges yet. I know interviews start in Liverpool end of November and run until January. Not too sure about the ofhers tho.
Kancho
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ive also applied to Liverpool, Nott and Surrey and i got interview from Liverpool and Surrey last week. I dont think Nott has sent out anything to anyone yet. For Surrey, make sure to check their portal and the events section because they dont send interviews through email!
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
Hi, Thanks for replying! I got my interview for Liverpool not long after I posted this, which is good! Really need to check my Surrey application.
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LMartin1013)
Hi, Thanks for replying! I got my interview for Liverpool not long after I posted this, which is good! Really need to check my Surrey application.
That's great! How are you preparing for interviews, specifically MMIs because I have no clue haha
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
Im trying to find as many questions that they might ask as I can. Just through google and things. Everything I read tells me not to memorise answers, be prepared but rehearsed answers will be easier to mess up.
One of the practices where I’ve done my work Experience, one of the vets there helped me with my personal statement and things. He’s going to do like a mock interview and I’m going to do one in work as well. (I don’t work in a veterinary related area, but interview practice is good)
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
I dont really know how to prep for it being an MMI format. I think it will be easier than a traditional panel interview, because if you mess up one station, it wont ruin the whole interview.
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
Kind of panicking I don’t have a Surry interview now. I thought I did quite well in their questionnaire and situational question. They say interviews run from Nov to Feb so I know there is still time but still.
Last edited by LMartin1013; 1 year ago
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah it's easier said than done but don't worry about Surrey too much, they've only JUST started sending interviews out. I'm worried because I don't think I'll have enough practice before the interviews Do you know when Nottingham will start sending interviews out?
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
How many weeks do you have? Ive got the minimum for Liverpool, which worries me slightly. But five weeks is more than they ask for at the other universities so hopefully it will be ok. I hear about people with 10+ weeks and it freaks me out. Nottinghams are later as far as I know. They don’t actually give you time frame like the others do. Latest they could start interviewing would be Jan/ Feb id expect.

(Original post by Kancho)
Yeah it's easier said than done but don't worry about Surrey too much, they've only JUST started sending interviews out. I'm worried because I don't think I'll have enough practice before the interviews Do you know when Nottingham will start sending interviews out?
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've got 6 weeks but i could only put 5 for Liverpool as they don't allow you to put more than 1 week for each placement. I agree, when people have so many weeks of experience because they have such and such connection, it makes me doubt my self. I try to tell myself that the unis only care that you have met the minimum. Which uni is your first choice?
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
I've got 6 weeks but i could only put 5 for Liverpool as they don't allow you to put more than 1 week for each placement. I agree, when people have so many weeks of experience because they have such and such connection, it makes me doubt my self. I try to tell myself that the unis only care that you have met the minimum. Which uni is your first choice?
Defo Liverpool. I live in N. Ireland so its the easiest one for coming home. I would love to get into any tho. 😂 Im a mature student and I took a few years put since the last time I applied so everything changes every year so its really hard to keep on top of everything.
Last edited by LMartin1013; 1 year ago
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's great that you've got an interview at your first choice! Good luck! But yea, I wouldn't mind going to any of them. Just any one please take me :'(
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
That's great that you've got an interview at your first choice! Good luck! But yea, I wouldn't mind going to any of them. Just any one please take me :'(
I know the feeling. You should get at least a few interviews. Your work Experience sounds more than enough.
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LMartin1013)
I know the feeling. You should get at least a few interviews. Your work Experience sounds more than enough.
How did you do when you first applied? and I really hope so, but i bet ill screw all of them up ah
LMartin1013
Rep:
?
How did you do when you first applied? and I really hope so, but i bet ill screw all of them up ah
The requirements for work experience were way lower bavk then. I never actually made it to interview, I did really badly in my alevels. But I’ve repeated them since then and have the grades now.
Kancho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see. Well good luck! I hope you get in this time round
Daisy x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I just got my surrey interview. They stated on my portal that the last interviews for this year are December 18th. Don't know if this is this calender year or for this academic year x good luck everyone!!!
OrangeArcher
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Daisy x)
Hey I just got my surrey interview. They stated on my portal that the last interviews for this year are December 18th. Don't know if this is this calender year or for this academic year x good luck everyone!!!
This calendar year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed