LMartin1013
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is anyone applying/ has already applied to do Veterinary Medicine in Europe? Im thinking about applying to Warsaw, but I would like to talk to other people who are applying or who have went to university in Poland.
lwescott
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in final year at UVM Kosice in Slovakia and love it here. The course is great, class sizes are small and it's really practical which suits me. Obviously there are some things I find annoying but UK students all complain about their uni's too; I'd definitely recommend it.

There are a few people on here in Warsaw and I know a couple so if you're stuck I'll try and point them this way.
LMartin1013
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
IF YOU could please put them in contact that would be brilliant! Also how did you find the applucation process? Would it be easier than the UKs? Is there a large language barrier? Anyone Ive talked fo about it always says that the language thing isnt as big a deal as youd think. As the classes are taught in english, most people speak english. Is this true?
(Original post by lwescott)
I'm in final year at UVM Kosice in Slovakia and love it here. The course is great, class sizes are small and it's really practical which suits me. Obviously there are some things I find annoying but UK students all complain about their uni's too; I'd definitely recommend it.

There are a few people on here in Warsaw and I know a couple so if you're stuck I'll try and point them this way.
lublubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I am applying to the two Polish unis (Warsaw and Wroclaw) for veterinary medicine too. Due to family reason, I am just not considering other unis in the Europe, though I have contacted UVM Kosice and started their process.

I leanrt that in Warsaw, you'll have to study both Latin and Polish for the first three years, with PE being compulsory. I haven't looked into Wroclaw yet.
lwescott
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm on the post-grad course so didn't sit the entrance exam but the application process is pretty simple and they are now offering the entrance exam in London for the first time.
We learn medical Latin which helps with Anatomy and basic Slovak as well, enough to get around the city, order taxi's and food.

All our classes are taught in English and there's rarely a language barrier, especially as you go further through the course as the teachers get better as they travel all over Europe for conferences etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.4%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.76%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (21)
17.07%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.13%

Watched Threads