which scenario would be the best approach for one's education

Watch
Efron
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello

If one is to study philosophy, would it be more prestigious if one does an undergraduate degree, masters degree and DPhil, all from Oxford, or an undergraduate degree from UCL and then a masters and DPhil from Oxford.

I am not aiming to get into academia, (though I do not mind teaching for a short period) I want to get into the corporate world in London, e.g commercial/corporate law, but I truly do like the sound of a strong Academic background in which I believe Oxford is more capable than UCL in that sense.

Which one of the above approach would you say is the best approach for me in your opinion, assuming I would get in to all of them in that order.

Yours Faithfully
Erfan Gharib
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Efron)
Hello

If one is to study philosophy, would it be more prestigious if one does an undergraduate degree, masters degree and DPhil, all from Oxford, or an undergraduate degree from UCL and then a masters and DPhil from Oxford.

I am not aiming to get into academia, (though I do not mind teaching for a short period) I want to get into the corporate world in London, e.g commercial/corporate law, but I truly do like the sound of a strong Academic background in which I believe Oxford is more capable than UCL in that sense.

Which one of the above approach would you say is the best approach for me in your opinion, assuming I would get in to all of them in that order.

Yours Faithfully
Erfan Gharib
Dunno, I hear that a degree from the University of McDonalds would be best for you buddy.
Efron
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
Dunno, I hear that a degree from the University of McDonalds would be best for you buddy.
Hahahaha, that was funny. I'll give you credit for that regardless
whatever bruh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why you gotta be a **** about it. poor guys confused and you making it worse....in my opinion you should contact both universities and people who have been to those unis. ask them about their experiences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (125)
14.65%
I'm not sure (36)
4.22%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (260)
30.48%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (410)
48.07%

Watched Threads