how much is it worth studying in year 10?

Watch this thread
bellamybug
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i'm in year 10 and i'm finding it hard to be motivated to study regularly, i'm always telling myself to do it but i just can't get through the tedium of studying, particularly for sciences. i've been trying to study 1-2 hours per day but i feel like that's not enough, usually skipping weekends unless i have homework or exams coming up ?? i find humanities and english really easy, i've found everything just fits in my head and as far as i'm concerned i don't need to study for them unless i have topic tests. but for science and maths i'm struggling and i want to put the work into it but i procrastinate too much. how are you guys coping ?
LivvyBunny
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I certainly found written tasks easier to get on with like yourself. I just did a bit of revision here and there. The more you do now, the smaller the gap is moving up to year 11. Don't overload yourself though as yr11 onwards, the work is really going to ramp up. Just do some " casual " revision ( what you're doing now sounds perfect ). Make sure to allow plenty of study time prior to your PPEs. Good Luck!!
cherry1011
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I do think you should defo do some revision but don’t take it too strongly because you won’t rlly remember everything until hardcore revision takes place in yr11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
21.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.51%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.51%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.64%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
25.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
25.53%

Watched Threads