The Student Room Group

Can i drop an extra AS now that i have my uni offer?

So i got my university offer and it doesn’t involve AS sociology (which i picked up this year). is it safe to drop it ?
You could drop it and get into that university, but what about the other unis you have applied to?
Original post by Laurenpaige1212
You could drop it and get into that university, but what about the other unis you have applied to?

they all gave me offers not involving the AS
Original post by Blackberryjam
So i got my university offer and it doesn’t involve AS sociology (which i picked up this year). is it safe to drop it ?

You need to ask all of your universities if they are happy with you dropping it. Even though it isn’t in your offer conditions- if you change what you’re offering them in your application then they have the ability to change or withdraw their offer to you.

Once they confirm in writing that they won’t change your offer conditions then speak to your exams officer and make sure that you are properly withdrawn from the qualification. Then email [email protected] with details of the change. When UCAS confirms that your application has been updated then notify all of your universities in writing that your application has been changed.
Original post by PQ
You need to ask all of your universities if they are happy with you dropping it. Even though it isn’t in your offer conditions- if you change what you’re offering them in your application then they have the ability to change or withdraw their offer to you.

Once they confirm in writing that they won’t change your offer conditions then speak to your exams officer and make sure that you are properly withdrawn from the qualification. Then email [email protected] with details of the change. When UCAS confirms that your application has been updated then notify all of your universities in writing that your application has been changed.

thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending