The Student Room Group

A* in biology help

Hi there i just have started year 12 and was wondering if anyone who took biology and got A's or A* could share their tips also is there a website with great biology notes if so please tell me
Reply 1
And i dont have the time to make notes as homework takes up most of my time
I learn the content from https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5062288 first and check if it covers all the content from my textbook. I add some more detail to it (the 'HowScienceWorks' boxes that we all skip ) and then learn that too.

After doing that, all I do is PRACTICE QUESTIONS as I believe that this is the key to Biology as there are soo many application questions. I write down the questions that I got wrong and memorise them to prevent me from making that mistake in the future.
I memorise the Mark Scheme for as many questions as possible, as similar questions in biology will have an overlapping mark scheme which expects certain key words and won't give you the marks unless you state those 'exact words'.
I once lost marks for describing some equipment as 'accurate' but I got it wrong because the mark scheme only accepted the word 'precise'.

Where I get my Biology practice questions:
Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR and Edexcel
Physics&MathsTutor
SaveMyExams
Ask your teachers for more questions
pxs biology
My advices would be to understand, focus on practicals, mathematics question and start analysing random graphs.

Specifically for OCR: Do not bother revising from textbooks. Buy the CGP guide or any other revision guide. The exam is going to be application anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending