The Student Room Group

Cyber Discovery 2019!

It’s that time of the year again, and Cyber Discovery is returning for a second year! The programme runs for the year, is open to those in Years 10-13, and consists of four stages; the initial stage, Assess, begins tomorrow! Even if you don’t have any prior Cyber experience, or are an expert already, CD definitely has some great stuff in store.

PLEASE do not spoil or discuss answers - they will be reported and removed.

Have fun and enjoy!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
henlo i am 1337 haxxor
Original post by mmm25
henlo i am 1337 haxxor

Oh my, I am 1337 as well :bigsmile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by lewism3333
I did it last year (year 10) but didn't get through to the final round, because of family circumstances which didn't let me do the essential round. Do you think I should do it this year, or would it be too much with my GCSE's?

Hey! From what I understand, everything you worked on last year will be waiting for you when those stages reopen, so it shouldn't be quite as large a time commitment. GCSEs are important, but it's important to do things you enjoy too! If you think you'd enjoy taking part again, I say go for it! It's only as much of a commitment as you make it, so if it becomes too much, you can just call it there at the time ^.^
Reply 4
Original post by A09hopper
Oh my, I am 1337 as well :bigsmile:

a09 stop stealing the spotlight
Reply 5
Assess has now opened up! If you took part last year and got through to Game, you don't need to re-qualify, and will be invited to Game again once it reopens, however it contains brand new challenges this year, and is worth using for practice! If you didn't make it that far, now is your chance to prove yourself, so give it your best shot!

If you're new, you can now sign up and join in! Students which show a baseline aptitude in Assess will be invited to the next stage, so make sure to try your hardest, but don't worry too much about timings, as assess stays open until early January. You've got plenty of time :smile:
Reply 6
Currently on challenge 07, bit harder this year, but we're getting there!
Reply 7
On challenge 10 at the moment, really challenging!
omg thank you, ive been trying to remember the name of the website for ages haha
i found out about it at the beginning of the year but it was too late to sign up as the first round had closed.
couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was called LOL
How’s everyone doing so far?
Reply 10
Original post by Trefonix
On challenge 10 at the moment, really challenging!

dm if you need help
Can anyone help on question 8
Any help with 14 please PM me. I get half way then it stops working. Thanks
anyone have the solution to 11->
does anyone know how to do challenge 10, 11, 12 and 13
help please
Original post by mmm25
a09 stop stealing the spotlight

yes
stuck on number 7 😢🤔🤔🤔🤔✔✔ please can you hhheeelllppp mmmeee
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by filipw
dm if you need help

please can u help on number 7🤔🤔
Hey, i need the answers for 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 please may someone help im desperate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending