The Student Room Group

The GCSE November 2018 Maths resit for Edexcel 9-1 Paper 1

Hey guys, my exam is in a few days and im not confident of doing well in the exam although I revised more compared to the last maths exam that I did in May/June. My main aim is to achieve a grade 6 but I don’t know how I will be able that grade . Any suggestions please? Thanks .
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freshyeezys01
Hey guys, my exam is in a few days and im not confident of doing well in the exam although I revised more compared to the last maths exam that I did in May/June. My main aim is to achieve a grade 6 but I don’t know how I will be able that grade . Any suggestions please? Thanks .

Well youve had 3 months, so not a lot will change in 2 days.

Same as with all exams try your best, use your time well and do some past papers.
Use every minute.

Hopefully you have some revision notes and know those well.
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html

Have the doubts after the exam, but for now believe you can do it. GL.
Wake up in the morning and do a past paper , there's nothing you can really do at this point except from relaxing your mind and motivating yourself to do well - i think this is the most important thing. Got a grade 9 , however did many silly mistakes in my first paper due to not believing in myself.
Original post by 999tigger
Well youve had 3 months, so not a lot will change in 2 days.

Same as with all exams try your best, use your time well and do some past papers.
Use every minute.

Hopefully you have some revision notes and know those well.
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html

Have the doubts after the exam, but for now believe you can do it. GL.

I did revise for 3 months and I’ve used maths genie aswell to make notes. It’s just that I’m scared that I will forget everything
I did revise for 3 months and I’ve used maths genie aswell to make notes. It’s just that I’m scared that I will forget everything

Just do a few past papers under exam conditions and scan your notes. It will come back in the exam.
Is anyone resitting these exams and what grade are you hoping to get?

This is for edexcel but anyone who is resitting maths can join in the discussion too.
Reply 6
yes i am resitting tomorrow... hoping for a 4 :smile: was 9 marks away in summer :tongue:
Original post by Emmz93
yes i am resitting tomorrow... hoping for a 4 :smile: was 9 marks away in summer :tongue:

Good luck for tomorrow and the rest of the exams, I am trying to aim for a 6 if possible 😀
Reply 8
Thanks , goodluck to you for tomorrow and the rest of the exams.. im sure you will do well :biggrin:
Original post by curiousblaze
Good luck for tomorrow and the rest of the exams, I am trying to aim for a 6 if possible 😀
Reply 9
Give it your best shot you might even surprise yourself !
Moved to Maths Exams
Good luck today everyone! Hope it goes well :goodluck:
How did it go today?
so how did it go?
I actually sat it to improve my Grade from last time but I actually think I got lower.
I did edexcel and I thought it was okay.. Not th best... Already passed maths but just doing it again to get a higher grade
Found it like death
How did u guys find it

For the rest of the papers you can use this site to revise, it has lots of pastpapers:
https://mathsoutlet.weebly.com/

Good luck!! :smile:
Original post by Hannah888888
Found it like death
How did u guys find it

Wow was it hard?
I thought it was considerably harder than the specimen and past papers. It might just be because the pressure gets to me but I felt as though I didn't do as well as I had in the past... Which is frustrating because I worked so hard and scored 8's in all the practice papers. Aiming for a 7 overall.
Reply 18
Original post by Hannah888888
Found it like death
How did u guys find it

I did higher and found it horrific but grade boundries should be lower
I thought it was considerably harder than the specimen and past papers. It might just be because the pressure gets to me but I felt as though I didn't do as well as I had in the past... Which is frustrating because I worked so hard and scored 8's in all the practice papers. Aiming for a 7 overall.

Quick Reply

Latest