The Student Room Group

The GCSE November 2018 Maths resit for Edexcel 9-1 Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Leonisimpson
Has anyone done the foundation? Found it very hard

Has anyone done the foundation? Found it very hard

I did the foundation. I was so tired this morning, I didn't do well at all. Hopefully we can make it up in the next two exams. The simultaneous equation wasn't working for me at all which was so frustrating as I really wanted to do well on that question. Also the arc of the circle and semi circle question?!?!?! Not feeling confident at all!! Where do you think you did well and what did you find hard?
I thought 3/4 was difficult. I was expecting a line graph or something. Simultaneous I got 4.5 for x the. Struggles with y I forsyboit 1.5 then changed it to 3. I don’t do well with time. I hope they drop the boundaries if that’s possible.
Original post by Maths isn't fun
Btw im in year 10 so if i get some wrong im sorry

I'm sorry but how are you doing it in year 10 from what I know not even year 11 people can take the exam in November you have to be atleast 16 by 31st of August. Unless you paid for it.
Doing higher did anyone find it harder than the summer exam? I did!
Original post by Maths isn't fun
Yes and i got 81 green pens for the last one

How?
Original post by Alien Gamer
I'm sorry but how are you doing it in year 10 from what I know not even year 11 people can take the exam in November you have to be atleast 16 by 31st of August. Unless you paid for it.

I paid to it early i wanted to try it
Original post by Dawn Silk
wait you said he was right? how?
I said he was wrong as they would have all got 210 but 25% more would have been 150 for him, just ignore me I'm probably wrong.
I'm just going to pretend this paper never happened and aim for 60 marks on the other two. and I really wanted a 7 this time round. such a
shame:frown:

You're correct because he was wrong 2100/10 would have been 210 each but 25% of 180 is 45 so it would have been 225 for him and that wouldn't have been 25% more so he was wrong
Reply 67
Original post by zoe.nyaku
Doing higher did anyone find it harder than the summer exam? I did!

far harder. I didnt even finish everything.
Reply 68
Original post by Sammy123-
You're correct because he was wrong 2100/10 would have been 210 each but 25% of 180 is 45 so it would have been 225 for him and that wouldn't have been 25% more so he was wrong

I also got this I think.
Reply 69
Original post by mxdeenah
I found it sooo bad, I did higher and I think I got less than 30 marks! I got a 6 in June and I’m sure I’m just going to go down now, I regret retaking it.

Pretty sure you can just keep your highest grade of the two so you should be gucci.
Has anyone done the ocr gcse maths higher tier paper 4 and can they create and unofficial mark scheme
I found it sooo bad, I did higher and I think I got less than 30 marks! I got a 6 in June and I’m sure I’m just going to go down now, I regret retaking it.

Honestly it was really hard compared to summer!

Omg same , I got a 6 and I wanted an 8 , what a waste of money :frown:
I thought 3/4 was difficult. I was expecting a line graph or something. Simultaneous I got 4.5 for x the. Struggles with y I forsyboit 1.5 then changed it to 3. I don’t do well with time. I hope they drop the boundaries if that’s possible.

I had 1.5 and changed it to 3 aswell :/
Original post by thestudent33
Wow was it hard?

Very
Original post by Hannah888888
I had 1.5 and changed it to 3 aswell :/

Can I asn was this for the higher or foundation paper
Phew! Not the only one who thought that exam was disproportionately harder than the past papers and specimen papers. Felt like the exam board created a particularly nasty paper with fewer elemental questions
Even if you get the wrong answer you still get method marks. Also there are 2 exams to go after this non-calc paper to boost your mark. I found the higher edexcel maths paper hard today too, that hard that I didn't even finish the paper and lost 11 marks on the last 2 questions... the grade boundaries were quite low last year for November with 112/240 being an A/7.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Evil Homer
If you want to create an unofficial markscheme let me know and I can promote it and help you guys fill it in.

do you remember the answers to make and official mark scheme still?
Original post by Hulleybeans
Phew! Not the only one who thought that exam was disproportionately harder than the past papers and specimen papers. Felt like the exam board created a particularly nasty paper with fewer elemental questions

Hopefully the next two papers are not as nasty

Quick Reply

Latest