Confusion with Barclays Graduate account?

Watch
jtets
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Was opening a “graduate” account with Barclays and expected it to be the Higher Education Account. I made this very clear with the staff member in branch but he opened a Student Additions. I asked him if this was correct and he said graduates and students share the same account type. This was very confusing since the Higher Education page on their website clearly states ‘Whether you’re looking to start your first job, or travel the world, this account is the perfect next step after you’ve completed your studies’ but this doesn’t seem to be the case. I asked him who the Higher Education Account is for, and he said Postgraduates. Again, conflicting information.

I am considering to switch this newly opened account to a different bank that actually offers a graduate account (TSB?) but I was told by a different member of staff in the same branch that my Student Additions Account should upgrade to a Higher Education Account next year. Again, seems like conflicting info.

So if anyone has a Higher Education Account with Barclays, did you face the same issue? Were you on a postgraduate course or full-time job? If you weren’t with Barclays before graduating, your experience would be even more beneficial
Last edited by jtets; 2 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jtets)
Was opening a “graduate” account with Barclays and expected it to be the Higher Education Account. I made this very clear with the staff member in branch but he opened a Student Additions. I asked him if this was correct and he said graduates and students share the same account type. This was very confusing since the Higher Education page on their website clearly states ‘Whether you’re looking to start your first job, or travel the world, this account is the perfect next step after you’ve completed your studies’ but this doesn’t seem to be the case. I asked him who the Higher Education Account is for, and he said Postgraduates. Again, conflicting information.

I am considering to switch this newly opened account to a different bank that actually offers a graduate account (TSB?) but I was told by a different member of staff in the same branch that my Student Additions Account should upgrade to a Higher Education Account next year. Again, seems like conflicting info.

So if anyone has a Higher Education Account with Barclays, did you face the same issue? Were you on a postgraduate course or full-time job? If you weren’t with Barclays before graduating, your experience would be even more beneficial
My understanding is that the student additions account is a normal undergraduate account.or a postgrad account.

The HE account is for graduates and i suggest you look for reasons why it is superior to additions. I dont believe it is. It has a theoretical higher overdraft but thats all subject to status,

https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-accounts/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (143)
42.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.43%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.95%

Watched Threads