The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not really a fan of the polo shirt idea. let's hope your close to leaving - that uniform sounds like something primary school kids would wear tbh.
Reply 2
They having a vote on it next week. And it will be implemented in summer. I really don't want to start wearing a polo shirt. I really like my current uniform
Reply 3
I will be voting to keep the blazer and tie. But I fear more ppl hate the tie and want it changed to casual uniform. I don't know what I will do if they scrap our ties and blazers
Reply 4
Who would actually rather a polo shirt rather than a nice blazer and school tie. I'd burn the polo shirt so I can keep wearing the tie
Reply 5
The only thing I would say is Iv got my uniform on now and my tie is bugging me lol, it's maybe bit to tight lol
Reply 6
Original post by S.H.Rahman
Not really a fan of the polo shirt idea. let's hope your close to leaving - that uniform sounds like something primary school kids would wear tbh.

I agree with you, but it's looking more and more that I will not be allowed to keep wearing my blazer and tie. I don't get why ppl want to ditch it for a stupid polo
My school was the opposite lmao

Used to be polo shirts now its shirt, tie, blazer, etc

I guess it would make the uniform neater in a way as there are many ways to wear a tie / shirt 'incorrectly' but not really with a polo shirt?
Original post by Chris522
Who would actually rather a polo shirt rather than a nice blazer and school tie. I'd burn the polo shirt so I can keep wearing the tie

Lmao nearly everyone at my school preferred the polo

But I like the new uniform because it has a blazer - eating I actually have pockets lmaooo
Reply 9
Original post by Bill Nye
My school was the opposite lmao

Used to be polo shirts now its shirt, tie, blazer, etc

I guess it would make the uniform neater in a way as there are many ways to wear a tie / shirt 'incorrectly' but not really with a polo shirt?

I wear my uniform correct, Iv still got it correct at moment. I don't see why I should be forced to wear a polo shirt coz some ppl are looking scruffy. Polo shirts are horrible. I really don't want to have to wear one instead of my blazer and tie
Reply 10
Lmao nearly everyone at my school preferred the polo

But I like the new uniform because it has a blazer - eating I actually have pockets lmaooo

I know it sounds a silly problem to have. But it's really annoying me. What can I do to avoid wearing the new uniform. As I say I am happy with my blazer and tie which as I said Iv still got on. I don't want to never wear my proper uniform again and instead wear a horrible tacky polo shirt
I wear my uniform correct, Iv still got it correct at moment. I don't see why I should be forced to wear a polo shirt coz some ppl are looking scruffy. Polo shirts are horrible. I really don't want to have to wear one instead of my blazer and tie

I know it sounds a silly problem to have. But it's really annoying me. What can I do to avoid wearing the new uniform. As I say I am happy with my blazer and tie which as I said Iv still got on. I don't want to never wear my proper uniform again and instead wear a horrible tacky polo shirt

Whats so bad about it lmao??

You think its tacky or whatever but why does it matter so much?
Reply 12
Whats so bad about it lmao??

You think its tacky or whatever but why does it matter so much?

As I said I like wearing proper uniform, I like my tie and blazer and I think school polo shirts look and feel horrible. I don't see why I can't keep wearing the proper uniform
Reply 13
Also as I said I'm still in my uniform now as I feel comfortable and chilled out. With a polo shirt I'd hate having it on and never keep it on a second longer so I'd be more stressed
What do think is a better choice of uniform for school. My school wants to ditch the tie and blazer and change to a polo shirt. I hate this idea I like wearing my tie and blazer. What is your views on this

I wear a polo as part of my school uniform (it’s literally this emoji - 👕 but with the school logo on, obviously). Every single other secondary school in our city wears ties/blazers lol. I’ve never had an experience with those but I feel like polos are better since they are more casual and maybe comfier. I wouldn’t mind wearing a blazer, though.
Reply 15
Original post by abbeyxo
I wear a polo as part of my school uniform (it’s literally this emoji - 👕 but with the school logo on, obviously). Every single other secondary school in our city wears ties/blazers lol. I’ve never had an experience with those but I feel like polos are better since they are more casual and maybe comfier. I wouldn’t mind wearing a blazer, though.

See you want to wear a blazer so u obvuisly agree that a blazer and tie is a better uniform. I wore polo shirts in primary and I hated them. I really like my current uniform and don't want to just chuck it away and wear a polo shirt. I like the proper uniform we have.
Reply 16
Plus I find my blazer and tie comfortable as I say I'm still in my uniform. Polo shirts are not real uniform they are tacky and I'd never want to wear one instead of my blazer
See you want to wear a blazer so u obvuisly agree that a blazer and tie is a better uniform. I wore polo shirts in primary and I hated them. I really like my current uniform and don't want to just chuck it away and wear a polo shirt. I like the proper uniform we have.

No, I wouldn’t say it’s better because I’ve never worn one lol. I’d have to try on both to have an actual opinion. I’m just saying I wouldn’t mind it (as long as it’s comfy) simply because I like having a ‘smart’ look. Polos are more casual than blazers/ties. I’ve worn polos all through my school life so I guess I’m just used to them, I didn’t mind them in primary school (I wore summer dresses a lot too though). I understand you, plus it’s a waste of money to change uniform. If you hate it so much then you could inform the school.
Reply 18
Original post by abbeyxo
No, I wouldn’t say it’s better because I’ve never worn one lol. I’d have to try on both to have an actual opinion. I’m just saying I wouldn’t mind it (as long as it’s comfy) simply because I like having a ‘smart’ look. Polos are more casual than blazers/ties. I’ve worn polos all through my school life so I guess I’m just used to them, I didn’t mind them in primary school (I wore summer dresses a lot too though). I understand you, plus it’s a waste of money to change uniform. If you hate it so much then you could inform the school.

I take your point, the problem is tho the school have said whatever the outcome on vote is will be the sole new uniform. I just would not like going into my wardrobe and see my blazer there and not be able to wear it. Plus if never feel relaxed enough to stay in it after school which I am happy doing with my current uniform
Reply 19
I just do not want to not be allowed to wear the real uniform. I know it sounds silly but I really don't want this horrid new uniform

Latest

Trending

Trending