Turn on thread page Beta

Awful video showing Grenfell tower model in a bonfire watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Am I correct in assuming if they’re to be prosecuted it’ll be for the same offence as Count Dankula?
    Who knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    The argument is it's no longer private when published on the internet.

If it hadn't been uploaded, noone would have known.
    That is called a breach of privacy. Nobody asked for their consent to be filmed in a private garden other than assuming the lack of a no and acknowledging the presence of a camera means yes.

This argument does not hold up to scrutiny or logic. Masturbating in public is a public order offence. Being filmed masturbating and putting it on the internet is not. How can this be a public order offence when done in private?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Who knows
    Sorry I hadn’t read the story and I was being lazy looking for the answer
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackcurrant8)
    You are part of the problem. It was a controlled burn started by the emergency services and reported by the controlled media. There was nobody living in the building at the time. All of the so called survivors interviewed on television are crisis actors paid off in some way or other by the corrupt government that we live under.
    what do you think the motives are to stage such an event?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostAccount)
    I'm amazed people doing things in a private garden are now susceptible to public order offences. 1984.
    it became public when they posted it, now the public has a say. if someone walking by kinda noticed the antics, and reported it, it could still go down for arson but it wouldn't really be seen as a hate crime or anything. just misconduct. asbo at best lol. Ive committed arson during bonfire night and we got asbo(s) only.

ReputationRep:
    if a neighbour reports bonfire nuisances regardless of whats set on fire lol they get a notice or a fine from my experience/knowledge. Now its blown out proportion. this is all the neighbour's fault lol should of reported it instead of being negligent. :rofl: watching the video I dont get the thought process :rofl: but the fact that they came together to draw the faces, wtf :rofl: its not racist though since they drew white people.

it's funny only in a pitiful way, like watching a bad X Factor audition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pantera Fan Club)
    >daily mail
    come on, use better sources than that
    what? the actual video is right there in the article. :donut:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not easily offended and I thought it was pretty sick but still arresting people over it come on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainclouds-)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ell-Tower.html

Is it funny?
    Do you think spreading the video was a good idea or should it be removed immediately from the Internet?
    Do you think it should be labelled as a crime?
    They look like inbred council scum retards so it's understandble why they think it's funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    They look like inbred council scum retards so it's understandble why they think it's funny.
    this is where lefty p.o.c. screw up. dont ever underestimate middle classed racism. it's not only nor always the working class. take my word for it. the people in the video look like average brits, not scallies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    this is where lefty p.o.c. screw up. dont ever underestimate middle classed racism. it's not only nor always the working class. take my word for it. the people in the video look like average brits, not scallies.
    How many middle class people have you met, btw?

And I should clarify: someone having a telly licence doesn't make them necessarily posh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    How many middle class people have you met, btw?

And I should clarify: someone having a telly licence doesn't make them necessarily posh.
    Anyway are you actually denying that there are racist people who aren't on benefits? :rolleyes:

nonetheless, this wasn't a hateful act, since they drew people of all colours on their wee art :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Anyway are you actually denying that there are racist people who aren't on benefits? :rolleyes:
    No, but I do know lots of middle class people. And they are the most intolerably politically correct people you will ever meet.

The problem most significantly lies with the working class and the underclass (i.e. those on the dole), but there are some bad eggs amongst the semi-professional elite. Particularly those over 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    No, but I do know lots of middle class people. And they are the most intolerably politically correct people you will ever meet.

The problem most significantly lies with the working class and the underclass (i.e. those on the dole), but there are some bad eggs amongst the semi-professional elite. Particularly those over 50.
    oh please. neither of us have met every single non-benefits claimant. so neither of us can deny the other's claim for who they've met. But you are actually sitting here saying that there aren't any racist or prejudiced middle classers under 50 :rofl: must have never gone outside, gone to pubs/clubs/parties, or even uni, all of where racist or socially exclusionary things happen all the time from the average citizen. :yy: not to mention, this is bonfire night. where alcohol makes even the rich act like tits.

ReputationRep:
    oh please. neither of us have met every single non-benefits claimant. so neither of us can deny the other's claim for who they've met. But you are actually sitting here saying that there aren't any racist or prejudiced middle classers under 50 :rofl: must have never gone outside, gone to pubs/clubs/parties, or even uni, all of where racist or socially exclusionary things happen all the time from the average citizen. :yy: not to mention, this is bonfire night. where alcohol makes even the rich act like tits.
    "Particularly amongst those over 50" does not exclude people under 50 being racist. Language mate, you even done it?

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear them speak? They're not middle class. But yes they do exist too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Did you hear them speak? They're not middle class. But yes they do exist too
    what? do you actually think accent is indicative of class?! accent is regional, nothing more. for someone who isn't white you certainly parrot their bias and stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    As it's been said, the people in the video weren't middle class. But as someone who is middle class, grew up in a middle class area and went to a middle class school, there are definitely some with questionable views. Especially my parents generation. So many middle class people are still intolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    As it's been said, the people in the video weren't middle class. But as someone who is middle class, grew up in a middle class area and went to a middle class school, there are definitely some with questionable views. Especially my parents generation. So many middle class people are still intolerant.
    I agree with most of this but Im still curious how people have deduced the class of the people in the video... Im not saying they're middle classed, and I never said posh; Im saying they're not necessarily living in council flats. They certainly don't seem nor look nor sound to be for instance Jeremy Kyle types, yet that's what they're being called in the thread. I haven't even heard them being called council scum/benefits claimants on other sites. They honestly seem to be average brits to me. Perhaps working class yet not on benefits, which in my mind is middle classed/average.

ReputationRep:
    Funny? No. Insensitive? Yes.
    A hate crime? Definitely not.
    Sure, it's not a particularly nice thing to do, but by no means should it get any media attention or go to court. Just let people get on with whatever sick jokes they want providing it's in private, they're not really harming anyone.

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.