The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'll get married when I find the man who'll keep me interested for the rest of my life :smile: I don't really think about it a lot, like what age I want to be married at.

My parents are separated but that doesn't really put me off the idea as values are different now and if I ever end up unhappy in a marriage I don't have to stick it for years and years!!
Reply 41
getting married sounds scary to me..duno why :redface: :rolleyes:
cant wait thought it will be like having a whole new life :biggrin:
I dont see getting married as a big priority (especially since i'm only 14 :rolleyes: ) but even when i'm older....i dont think i'll be too worried about it. Not saying i dont want to or wouldn't though. :smile: As for kids thats a no no. Me and kids just dont mix! :redface:
Reply 43
need_money
I dont see getting married as a big priority (especially since i'm only 14 :rolleyes: ) but even when i'm older....i dont think i'll be too worried about it. Not saying i dont want to or wouldn't though. :smile: As for kids thats a no no. Me and kids just dont mix! :redface:

aww, thats a shame...i love kids! i cant wait to be called mummy!
Trousers
Do you see yourself married with kids in later life? What age do you expect to be married at, and is it around the same age as your parents were married?

Is anyone put off by the divorce rate, or does this have no bearing on what you expect will happen to you? I think it's something like 2 out of every 5 marriages that end in divorce now.

I don't intend to get married nor have children. I think the instituiton of marriage is completely unnecessary - just as celibacy is an unnecessary asceticism :wink:
Reply 45
I want to get married one day. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years, and we've talked about marriage. But since i'm only 20 and i'm at uni for the next 6 years there isn't really any rush! (My boyfriend is 9 years older than me so we may see things differently!). I used to want 6 kids, however my boyfriend only wants 2, so I have decided on 4 as a compromise!
Sarky
I want to get married one day. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years, and we've talked about marriage. But since i'm only 20 and i'm at uni for the next 6 years there isn't really any rush! (My boyfriend is 9 years older than me so we may see things differently!). I used to want 6 kids, however my boyfriend only wants 2, so I have decided on 4 as a compromise!

why the Hell are yu at uni for 6 yrs???!!?!?!?!?!
Trousers
Do you see yourself married with kids in later life? What age do you expect to be married at, and is it around the same age as your parents were married?

Is anyone put off by the divorce rate, or does this have no bearing on what you expect will happen to you? I think it's something like 2 out of every 5 marriages that end in divorce now.

I want to be married by 25 or so latest, and have kids before 30 definitely. I want to be a primary school teacher which means short hours which means plenty of time with the children. I might do it pretty much as soon as I become a primary school teacher.

My mum first got married at 16 and had my half sister, then divorced that bloke and married my dad when she was in her 20's and he was as well, and then they got divorced.

I know divorce rates are high but that's not going to stop me trying my best to be a good dad because I really like little children, and being a good husband, if that's possible. :tongue:
well? when i did work exp at the courts i filed divorces and marrige certs. most ppl got married at 26. i thought this is young. how do you guys feelign?
Jeeez, that's hard to judge really, but i'd say very late twenties/early-mid thirties! Then it's on to having kids!
Reply 50
magiccarpet
why the Hell are yu at uni for 6 yrs???!!?!?!?!?!

Because i have decided to sit every year twice just for the hell of it :biggrin:
Oh, and i'm studying medicine :tongue: .
Sarky
I used to want 6 kids

Bloody hell! Are you a masochist?
Reply 52
[FONT="Linotype" Palatino="Palatino"]
Swing
Bloody hell! Are you a masochist?

No i just love kids. I was training as a nursery nurse before i went to uni this year.
Trousers
I think it's something like 2 out of every 5 marriages that end in divorce now.

It's near enough 50% last time I heard.
Reply 54
i think 26ish is cool.... just depends when i find my "mr right" :smile: lolzzzz.... thats if i ever find him!!! :frown: hmmm.....
Reply 55
NDGAARONDI
It's near enough 50% last time I heard.

2/5 is nearly 50%.
Reply 56
I want to get married when i'm in my twenties: me and Dickey had a deal not to get married until i was 25 and probably have kids when i was in my thirties. I find it quite amusing that we got as far as naming kids etc (him not me!!) since he is fairly sure he doesn't want kids because he has so many genetic mental probs that he doesnt want to pass on and i have like a 95% chance of infertility...

But yeah i want to get married, i still believe that marriages can last forever, and i'll probably adopt a couple of kids (i quite like the idea of twin girls...)
blissy
2/5 is nearly 50%.

Not really, 10% of millions and millions is loads. I think it's more like 5/10 now, or 2.5/5 if you like, but that desn't sound very good. :smile:
blissy
2/5 is nearly 50%.

I did do maths you know :tongue:

The exact percentage that I heard was 48%. So 49 out of 50 couples married end up divorced then? :biggrin:
Reply 59
Where's the "never" option? Hmm...I'll go be cynical somewhere else.

Latest