Turn on thread page Beta

ScotGEM (A101) 2019 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It says on the questionnaire that they don’t use the answers to determine if they give you an interview. They use the answers to the questions for the interview questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julietbutler12)
    It says on the questionnaire that they don’t use the answers to determine if they give you an interview. They use the answers to the questions for the interview questions.
    I think you are right. It doesn't contribute towards decision of interview invites.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manicbex)
    I live in Scotland and I think the pace of life is much slower here . for instance. Forget next day delivery! Add 2 days! Distances are a lot longer to travel and Scotland is BIG compared to down in England shire . don't let the map fool you! I love it too. I commuted from moray ( sunshine capital of Scotland) to Inverness for 5 years. It took me 90 mins each way but beats sitting on a tube or the south circular for the same amount of time. We just can't get GPS up here and its stunningly beautiful . I don't know why they don't want to come.
    There are always pros and cons and really depends on what a person is looking for and what their priorities are. I personally would actually enjoy studying and working there. Hence I have applied for this course.

ReputationRep:
    Just submitted my online questionnaire. Hope it all goes well.

Has anyone else submitted it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salam786)
    Just submitted my online questionnaire. Hope it all goes well.

Has anyone else submitted it yet?
    Yes I did, but I just got an email asking to submit the questionnaire...Was that just a general reminder or did you get a confirmation email ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkio008)
    Yes I did, but I just got an email asking to submit the questionnaire...Was that just a general reminder or did you get a confirmation email ?
    I received it too. I think this was just general reminder. I didn't receive any confirmation for submission though. I just downloaded the receipt

ReputationRep:
    When you always leave things to the last minute so yeah I guess I have to make a move on with the ScotGEM questionnaire...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I’ve just submitted my questionnaire. I’m applying to ScotGEM, I’m currently in my final honours year at Strath doing ImmunoPharmacology. If anyone wants to chat about the admissions process and what’s coming up next I’d be happy to private message!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Guys the deadline for the application is tomorrow at 5pm

ReputationRep:
    submitted mine a week ago. Now waiting for interview (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, scottish applicant here graduate in MPharm with Merit (2.1 equivalent). how did everyones Gamsat go ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a 2.1 grad in Biochem.
    61 GAMSAT so hopefully enough for ScotGEM as their cutoff was around 50 last year if i remember correctly.
    Forum very quiet, I wonder why?

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I got 60 from the march sitting so just using that. Yeah I know I guess not much is happening as of yet until invites get sent out. Everyone here keen on staying in primary care or will be looking to switch another branch of medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Phew, got the questionnaire in in time, just. Anyone heard about interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msksquared)
    Phew, got the questionnaire in in time, just. Anyone heard about interviews yet?
    Not yet, could be a while as we know there is only one run in February at the moment so there's no rush to let us know.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly hope they say soon because I need to book flights in order to get there

ReputationRep:
    Are those the adjusted GAMSAT s? Because the three groups have equal weighting. Being non-science I did one point better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe2Jonas)
    I honestly hope they say soon because I need to book flights in order to get there
    At least the flights aren't so expensive in Feb. Where are you coming from?

ReputationRep:
    In my case, yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grad.medic)
    Nice, I got 60 from the march sitting so just using that. Yeah I know I guess not much is happening as of yet until invites get sent out. Everyone here keen on staying in primary care or will be looking to switch another branch of medicine?
    im hoping to be an old school generalist in a hospital setting if I can. So picking up a bit of ER and obstetrics would be nice. I wanted to be a surgeon at one point, but I am too old and have to be sensible about it all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 6, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.