The Student Room Group

What do I do?

Last week, my cousin stole my phone and asked a girl if she wanted to meet up with me, and she said "Yes maybe".
So I asked her out a first time, but she said that she had to study for a test.
The second time I asked, she said that she was already going out with her friends.
And the third time I asked, she said that she had to take her brother to hospital.

So the question I am asking is: Should I keep trying to ask her out? Or should I leave it?
Original post by Anonymous
Last week, my cousin stole my phone and asked a girl if she wanted to meet up with me, and she said "Yes maybe".
So I asked her out a first time, but she said that she had to study for a test.
The second time I asked, she said that she was already going out with her friends.
And the third time I asked, she said that she had to take her brother to hospital.

So the question I am asking is: Should I keep trying to ask her out? Or should I leave it?

I think three times is enough unless you are really keen.
At each stage she could have offered an alternative if she really wanted to meet up and she hasnt, so I would probably be bored of chasing.

You can ask her again if you are interested, but maybe ask her for a date when she is available, which makes her make a choice. You can give her a range of dates, next two or three weeks and then she will have to give you a definitive answer. If she isnt interested just leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending