?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Someone explain??
becci_davis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Brands gain popularity when they appeal to certain strata (groups in the population). North face may be appealing in that it sticks to basic colours that go with everything and it’s practical (warm and keeps you dry) and good quality. As more and more people wear north face it also gains popularity in its brand name so people stop buying it for anything other than it says north face on it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
A lot of chavs are so skinny that their bodies are unable to produce the level of thermogenesis required to maintain full body function during those cold nights outside newsagents as they try to bum cigarettes.

North Face clothing offers a practical solution to this problem.

On a more serious note, the North Face founder was a really sound guy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/b...-accident.html
Last edited by Violet Femme; 8 months ago
Tarik_Abed
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sounds about right
heathcliffsego
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The same way a sub-culture of football supporters see brands such as ‘Stone Island’ and ‘Fred Perry’ essential and almost like it is a part of their uniform.
Goes back to wanting to feel as though you belong to something.

‘Chavs’ I’ve know tend to spend the majority of their time outside in parks, high streets etc and the North Face clothing offers warm and practical clothes for those conditions.
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
A lot of chavs are so skinny that their bodies are unable to produce the level of thermogenesis required to maintain full body function during those cold nights outside newsagents as they try to bum cigarettes.

North Face clothing offers a practical solution to this problem.

On a more serious note, the North Face founder was a really sound guy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/b...-accident.html
If I ever see people acting obnoxious in clubs or city centre then there's a high chance they will be wearing that but I find it confusing because it's marketed more as a hiking brand rather than something like Nike, Adidas, EA7 etc I thought the target audience would be older people
johnlathbury
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does seem strange, in that the North Face refers to, and represents in it's logo, the North Face wall of the climbing phenomenon
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People like brands and there are not that many high street sports jacket brands.
R00ster
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't associate it with chana, to be honest. The only people I know wear it are into adventure sports...and some of their gear is really expensive!
desou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
North Face is a slightly nerdy practical brand worn by middle-aged software engineers who like hiking at the weekends.
chloeamat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao couldn't agree more
Spoiler:
Show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads