The Student Room Group

Anxiety and boyfriend

I have always struggled with my mental health but never been able to put my finger on what is actually wrong, until recently I have discovered that I have anxiety. Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and I love him very much. He is incredibly supportive of my anxiety and breakdowns, despite how difficult I can be and the extent i can go to. I feel awful guilt from putting him though this and I never know what to do for the best- I want what is best for him. Any advice on anxiety and relationships? x
Original post by Anonymous
I have always struggled with my mental health but never been able to put my finger on what is actually wrong, until recently I have discovered that I have anxiety. Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and I love him very much. He is incredibly supportive of my anxiety and breakdowns, despite how difficult I can be and the extent i can go to. I feel awful guilt from putting him though this and I never know what to do for the best- I want what is best for him. Any advice on anxiety and relationships? x

Don't let him go! It's amazing that he is so supportive of you. Think positively - you have someone who is there for you and who will help you. At some point in your relationship, you are likely to have to be there for him in a similar way (even just short term). This is what a relationship is about, you support and care for each other.

Don't constantly talk about it because they can get overwhelming, but make sure you just communicate with him how you're feeling regularly and he can continue to support you.
Anxiety is a very difficult thing to deal with. It is so amazing that you have someone that supports you and helps you through what you are dealing with. That always makes it a lot easier. Just make sure that you tell him how much you appreciate him being there for you! That always makes the other person feel better because they know you acknowledge and appreciate them. I hope everything gets better with your anxiety!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending