Sally1912
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,
For those students who have recently been going to RH or have graduated or anything, how was your experience? I get confused that they call it London university when its in Egham which I've never heard of before.

But the beautiful campus and the interesting modules have captured my attention. Im planning on taking LLB Law. But I dont want to regret applying and going because I've always wantes to go London since its closest to me. I live in Luton btw.

Anyone whos had negative or positive experiences there please give some insight. Also hows the accommodation?
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sally1912)
Hi everyone,
For those students who have recently been going to RH or have graduated or anything, how was your experience? I get confused that they call it London university when its in Egham which I've never heard of before.

But the beautiful campus and the interesting modules have captured my attention. Im planning on taking LLB Law. But I dont want to regret applying and going because I've always wantes to go London since its closest to me. I live in Luton btw.

Anyone whos had negative or positive experiences there please give some insight. Also hows the accommodation?
Hi Sally1912,

I just graduated from Royal Holloway this past July where I was studying English. I found that the local area had plenty to offer me during my studies here, from shopping in Staines, going to Thorpe Park, taking walks in Virginia Water, and being a tourist in Windsor. I also travelled into London a lot to visit friends and family as the city is only a 40 minute train journey from Royal Holloway. I found that I enjoyed the distance from London as it allowed me to get rooted into the local area where I would always see a familiar face around. But it also gave me the freedom to dip in and out of London whenever I wanted to.

We have a wide range of accommodation you can choose from here at Royal Holloway. Each accommodation is different and would depend on your own personal preferences. In my first year I chose to live in Reid as I wanted a catered hall with an en suite bathroom. It was perfect for me as I was only ever a five minute walk away from any of my classes. I would recommend looking at our accommodation options to find the perfect match for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mairead
leobarry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi Sally1912,

I just graduated from Royal Holloway this past July where I was studying English. I found that the local area had plenty to offer me during my studies here, from shopping in Staines, going to Thorpe Park, taking walks in Virginia Water, and being a tourist in Windsor. I also travelled into London a lot to visit friends and family as the city is only a 40 minute train journey from Royal Holloway. I found that I enjoyed the distance from London as it allowed me to get rooted into the local area where I would always see a familiar face around. But it also gave me the freedom to dip in and out of London whenever I wanted to.

We have a wide range of accommodation you can choose from here at Royal Holloway. Each accommodation is different and would depend on your own personal preferences. In my first year I chose to live in Reid as I wanted a catered hall with an en suite bathroom. It was perfect for me as I was only ever a five minute walk away from any of my classes. I would recommend looking at our accommodation options to find the perfect match for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mairead
Hi
I was just wondering do royal holloway care how many time you resit GCSE english and maths, for computer science.
Thank you
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sally1912)
Hi everyone,

Royal Holloway for LLB Law is also one of my options. 😊
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leobarry)
Hi
I was just wondering do royal holloway care how many time you resit GCSE english and maths, for computer science.
Thank you
They won't, you need a minimum of a B in GCSE Maths though
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leobarry)
Hi
Thank you
Hi leobarry,

At Royal Holloway, we understand that students may retake their exams for a number of reasons. Therefore, resitting exams will not impact your application.

Our BSc Computer Science asks that you achieve at least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics. If you are taking the BTEC Extended Diploma, you will need to have studied modules with significant programming content plus GCSE Mathematics at minimum grade B or 6.

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30%
No (49)
70%

Watched Threads