Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I thought it would be good to have a discussion just for biochem applicants. Feel free to ask any Qs and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    any oriel applicants?

ReputationRep:
    hi, I am applying as an international student for biochem at Magdalen

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested if you already have any practical experience in biochemical lab work or sth similar?

ReputationRep:
    hi! I've applied biochem at St Anne's, so nervous about news regarding interviews as they are supposed to come soon aaa

ReputationRep:
    Oh, i also thought about applying at st Anne’s do you have any idea when they will send out invitations? (Or rejections... )

ReputationRep:
    aw why did you decide against St Anne’s in the end? on the main applicants thread Brasenose said they are sending out Biochem interview offers this week - not sure when it will come for other colleges but I presume it’s somewhat centralised. anyone started interview prep yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username7575)
    aw why did you decide against St Anne’s in the end? on the main applicants thread Brasenose said they are sending out Biochem interview offers this week - not sure when it will come for other colleges but I presume it’s somewhat centralised. anyone started interview prep yet?
    Initially I wanted to do an open application but somehow UCAS didn’t let me... so i looked up some colleges and I liked st Anne’s because of their liberal ideas... but then I chose Magdalen because I assumed that tuition there must be very good…
    I haven’t done interview prep yet because I am doing biochem stuff on a daily basis anyway. What about you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I’ve applied to Univ for Biochem, I’d also seen Brasenose’s post about interview invites but I’m sceptical about it being this week to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have applied for biochemistry at St. Hilda`s as an international student (with A level predictions). I have heard of a friend who applied for Oxford Biology to have already received an invite for an interview... :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for biochem at Corpus Christi! Already pretty anxious for the interview email, but also excited. Has anyone actually starting prepping for an interview? I've decided to wait until I've heard whether I've gotten one or not. GOOD LUCK ALL X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resi_)
    Initially I wanted to do an open application but somehow UCAS didn’t let me... so i looked up some colleges and I liked st Anne’s because of their liberal ideas... but then I chose Magdalen because I assumed that tuition there must be very good…
    I haven’t done interview prep yet because I am doing biochem stuff on a daily basis anyway. What about you?
    Ah nice, yeah I haven't really started - really should start going over my personal statement and things but I'm too scared to start before news about interview comes out:\

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a Danish student and I've applied for Biochemistry at New College!!! How do you prepare for the interview??

ReputationRep:
    International student checking in! I've got an interview invite from Queen's yesterday. I am so excited to come to Oxford How are you guys preparing?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m applying to Univ. I did a week’s work experience at the path labs in a local hospital. Wouldn’t say it was super relevant as it was quite geared towards biomed but better than nothing I suppose. What are your predictions for interview invitation dates? I think next wed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamsoanxious)
    any oriel applicants?
    Hey that's me! I'm going to oriel for my biochem interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em51)
    Hey that's me! I'm going to oriel for my biochem interview.
    did u choose oriel or did u get allocated?

ReputationRep:
    lol I got rejected from Wadham

ReputationRep:
    It was my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Oriel here as well.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.