The Student Room Group

help plz

Hi,
Please help.

Whenever I go to a lesson, I never have the desire to want to learn something and actually make progress.

I tend to zone out and think of other things or stare out of the window for too long.

I work hard outside of lessons to try to keep up with everyone, but in lessons I just can't cope. I often feel really agitated and keep internally stressing because I know i'm falling behind but I physically sometimes want to do nothing.

My teachers hate me because i'm 'lazy', and honestly I don't think i have much of an aptitude for the subjects i do take. I had to sweat it majorly to get good predictions. Idk I hate sixth form, i feel sad most of the time.

Any advice? x sorry for the rant :smile:

P.S- Ive never been diagnosed with autism or dyslexia but I do have OCD.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by yolo310360
Hi,
Please help.

Whenever I go to a lesson, I never have the desire to want to learn something and actually make progress.

I tend to zone out and think of other things or stare out of the window for too long.

I work hard outside of lessons to try to keep up with everyone, but in lessons I just can't cope. I often feel really agitated and keep internally stressing because I know i'm falling behind but I physically sometimes want to do nothing.

My teachers hate me because i'm 'lazy', and honestly I don't think i have much of an aptitude for the subjects i do take. I had to sweat it majorly to get good predictions. Idk I hate sixth form, i feel sad most of the time.

Any advice? x sorry for the rant :smile:

P.S- Ive never been diagnosed with autism or dyslexia but I do have OCD.

do you feel you can concentrate on something when it is something you are interested in?
I feel the same way when I'm in sixth form, sometimes I don't think it helps because they're very close to school in the way that they teach and as you get older this can become quite frustrating as the independence you want you sometimes can't get in sixth form. It makes me feel really depressed having to go in everyday, but when it's the holidays I feel a lot better, is this the same for you? x
Original post by claireestelle
do you feel you can concentrate on something when it is something you are interested in?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest