username4007008
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there guys,

I've got two interviews (I currently paralegal as I complete my GDL) which ask for competency-based tests.

I would welcome any information anyone might shed on what these are likely to involve, scenario, legal problems?

Feeling fairly hesitant due to the fact I am still studying the GDL pt, however, I assume they would not have offered the interview if they didn't like my CV.

Any information would be really welcome!
lawprincessiyo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

A lot of these interviews will be based on questions such as tell me a time when...

- you have worked well in a team
- when you have had to prioritise
- when you have had to make a difficult decision etc.

However they MAY also ask questions on your technical ability - having said this they will normally let you know that the interview will also assess your technical skills.

This is something that initially threw me off in my first paralegal interview, MAKE sure you read about the important areas of law for the paralegal role you are applying for e.g. if it is for property/conveyancing role - know about easements, the standard terms of sale etc. and other commercial matters that may be of use for property transactions. If it is for a commercial role where you will be drafting a number of contracts know about the different components of a commercial contract. It can sometimes feel like a test as they may literally ask 'what is the difference between a condition and warranty' etc.

hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.78%
No (645)
65.22%

Watched Threads