got severe mental health issues. need help with theory test

Watch
ed112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can drive and im a safe driver. I cannot pass my theory test. had a crash aged 17 and since then been disqualified. I love cars, from lights to exhausts. make me calm. helps me think. my therapy is cruising in fifth at 33mph... I feel im cursed not to pass, cars and me are one, ever since I was a baby. Nissan bluebird f reg.. 93. I give my life for a chance to bypass my theory.. help me some one plz
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
If you can't pass your theory you aint a safe driver, 90% of it is common sense
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ed112)
I can drive and im a safe driver. I cannot pass my theory test. had a crash aged 17 and since then been disqualified. I love cars, from lights to exhausts. make me calm. helps me think. my therapy is cruising in fifth at 33mph... I feel im cursed not to pass, cars and me are one, ever since I was a baby. Nissan bluebird f reg.. 93. I give my life for a chance to bypass my theory.. help me some one plz
Who was at fault in the crash?

If you can't pass the theory test, you're not a safe driver. I could, but wasn't at your age, so it's not an insult - many people aren't safe drivers when young and inexperienced.

I think that, if it's so important to you, you will pass it. You may need to seriously study for it though.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can't pass you're not a safe driver. You also wouldnt have been banned if you were a good driver. Work harder.
username823451
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to pass the theory first. I’m assuming you have a driving instructor? Maybe they can help you with it. There are also lots of websites and apps now to help with the theory test but you must pass this before you do your practical test.

You also obviously can’t be disqualified from driving to do this, you need to wait until your ban is over, how long were you banned for and how long do you have left?

Sorry but you aren’t a safe driver at the moment if you can’t pass the theory test and have been disqualified.
jinsei1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Firstly thats a load of bull, the theory is to hard and has little to no practical use in real world driving because they make the questions as vague as possible and as unrelated as they can.Multiple people in my family who got there license before theory was about, have never had an accident, yet most of my friends who did the theory test have had multiple accidents. The thruth is that the only thing that matters is how much experience you have and whether you choose to drive safely.
KainsBanes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jinsei1)
Firstly thats a load of bull, the theory is to hard and has little to no practical use in real world driving because they make the questions as vague as possible and as unrelated as they can.Multiple people in my family who got there license before theory was about, have never had an accident, yet most of my friends who did the theory test have had multiple accidents. The thruth is that the only thing that matters is how much experience you have and whether you choose to drive safely.
Your anecdotal evidence isn't very useful. For instance, everyone I have ever met who wore a blue jumper two days in a row has had a car crash. This clearly means people should only wear a blue jumper once, if they're also drivers. Have you seen any research finding that there have been more car accidents since the theory test began? This would just be correlational data, therefore hard to draw causation from, but still better than anecdote.
jinsei1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KainsBanes)
Your anecdotal evidence isn't very useful. For instance, everyone I have ever met who wore a blue jumper two days in a row has had a car crash. This clearly means people should only wear a blue jumper once, if they're also drivers. Have you seen any research finding that there have been more car accidents since the theory test began? This would just be correlational data, therefore hard to draw causation from, but still better than anecdote.
Lol im not making a statistical argument im stating a proven fact that theory has no bearing on psychical ability, not just in driving but in everything, just because you read a book about martial arts does not mean that you can do it, the only way to learn something is to do it.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jinsei1)
Older adults who learned before the theory test will have got used to driving on much emptier easier streets, causing less crashes. Of course you need to learn to drive well and it's a practical skill but you also need to know what road signs mean, what indications are of an impending hazard etc there are lots of useful pieces of info on the driving theory. Plus hazard perception is a skill everyone needs, imo the pass rate for that is way too easy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (50)
28.41%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
7.95%
No I am happy with my choice (98)
55.68%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.95%

Watched Threads