The Student Room Group

A level after BTEC science level 3

Hello! Do you know if i can do A levels after BTEC level 3 extended diploma in science?I want to go to medicine university and they only accept A level,but my college does not have GCSE for biology and chemistry,or maybe I can do GCSE outside the college? I really don't know what should I do...
Im not sure about BTECs, BUT i would highly recommend doing the GCSE at another school (or switch schools because your college really should be offering basic science GCSEs). You can get a tutor out of school for Chem and Bio, or even teach it to yourself and do past papers (GCSEs are easy to teach to yourself given u actually try and know how to do things like make graphs, make notes and just be able to effectively study)
Reply 2
Original post by Sandra122
Hello! Do you know if i can do A levels after BTEC level 3 extended diploma in science?I want to go to medicine university and they only accept A level,but my college does not have GCSE for biology and chemistry,or maybe I can do GCSE outside the college? I really don't know what should I do...

Apply for Medicine with Foundation Year (e.g. UEA) rather than wasting time doing more A levels, you also won't be able to do a 4th year at college with out paying for it and most colleges wont even let you enrol for an extra 2 years.

Quick Reply

Latest