Dismissing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I applied to a university a week ago (after changing one of my initial choices). The person who had provided me the reference was my private tutor. She had also predicted my grades.
The problem is, the university has emailed me back today saying that they require a teacher to send them my predicted grades via email. Does that mean that they haven't received my predicted score or that they need a school teacher to predict my scores? I am fine with both, but the problem is that my school is notoriously slow with providing predicted scores and it's closed till Monday (I'm an Indian student) so my application process will get delayed unnecessarily.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dismissing)
I applied to a university a week ago (after changing one of my initial choices). The person who had provided me the reference was my private tutor. She had also predicted my grades.
The problem is, the university has emailed me back today saying that they require a teacher to send them my predicted grades via email. Does that mean that they haven't received my predicted score or that they need a school teacher to predict my scores? I am fine with both, but the problem is that my school is notoriously slow with providing predicted scores and it's closed till Monday (I'm an Indian student) so my application process will get delayed unnecessarily.
You need to clarify with the university concerned. It is possible that your tutor did not provide predicted grades in your reference (or didn't provide them in the correct place/format).
Alagu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I am also an Indian student, great seeing another! I think they mean that a school teacher should predict your grades since you are currently attending school. If your tutor predicted your grades, then there's no other reason why they would want it by email as they would already have received it as part of your application. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads