The Student Room Group

Law at Gonville and Caius

Hi, I’ve applied for law at Gonville and Caius and I was just wondering if anyone else is ☺️
Original post by aimee_grace01
Hi, I’ve applied for law at Gonville and Caius and I was just wondering if anyone else is ☺️

Hi I'm also applying to law at Caius! Have you received an interview offer/rejection from them yet?
Original post by alexgecko17633
Hi I'm also applying to law at Caius! Have you received an interview offer/rejection from them yet?

I haven’t received anything from them yet, im waiting at the moment for confirmation for interview
I have also applied for law there! All I've heard so far is confirmation that they have received my SAQ. From reading around, we should hear about interviews sometime next week. Caius' website says that the deadline to respond to an invitation is the 26th.
Original post by Thilimages
I have also applied for law there! All I've heard so far is confirmation that they have received my SAQ. From reading around, we should hear about interviews sometime next week. Caius' website says that the deadline to respond to an invitation is the 26th.

Exactly the same here, I hadn’t managed to find out when invitation for interview is but I’m so glad I know when that is now so I don’t get too worried if I haven’t heard
Anyone heard anything?
Anyone heard anything?

I've heard that Churchill applicants have received interviews, but nothing yet.
I've heard that Churchill applicants have received interviews, but nothing yet.

Ooh fair enough, our college just probably takes a bit longer I’ve heard rumours it could be this week
Ooh fair enough, our college just probably takes a bit longer I’ve heard rumours it could be this week

Yeah they seem to be quite behind on all communications!
Yeah they seem to be quite behind on all communications!

Yeah I’ve been thinking that. The last I heard was their acceptance of my confidentiality form. Other colleges seem to be notifying people a lot sooner, I wish they’d given us a bit more notice and timeline of things to stop everyone stressing
Yeah I’ve been thinking that. The last I heard was their acceptance of my confidentiality form. Other colleges seem to be notifying people a lot sooner, I wish they’d given us a bit more notice and timeline of things to stop everyone stressing

Especially considering they took far longer than other colleges to respond after the SAQ!
Especially considering they took far longer than other colleges to respond after the SAQ!

I don’t know if anyone has contacted them about the interviews but I know they’re the week 3-7 of December but I’d like to know so I can prepare and get time off school. I’m nervous about my predicted grades as well because my school won’t predict me an A*
I don’t know if anyone has contacted them about the interviews but I know they’re the week 3-7 of December but I’d like to know so I can prepare and get time off school. I’m nervous about my predicted grades as well because my school won’t predict me an A*

As long as you've shown a strong interest and aptitude for law, and have a strong academic profile, I highly doubt they'd turn you away at this point.
As long as you've shown a strong interest and aptitude for law, and have a strong academic profile, I highly doubt they'd turn you away at this point.

I hope so, I just hoping they reply soon 😂
I have just been offered an interview! Provisional dates are 3-12 December.
Just got an interview at Caius ?Does anyone know how the interview would be set out in Caius ? As im pretty sure we've all seen the trinity video on youtube where the applicant is given a scenario and has to state both sides of the argument and explain why ... would that be the same in Caius as online I have found one from Sidney Sussex where the scenarios are much smaller but you have more than one. https://medium.com/think-cambridge-law/cambridge-university-law-interviews-another-example-e4e236b07f66
I got an interview at Caius some time ago for law and was only told the provisional dates and they said they'd let me know the actual ones in due course. Do you guys know when they'll tell us the actual dates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending