The Student Room Group

Icaew case study 7 november 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Accnuu41
Thanks for your reassurance :-) I’m going to fear the worst I think as it might make it easier to deal with any failure when the results come out if I’ve come to terms with it. I just feel like it could be a big thing to miss unless I’ve done very well in the other boxes. We’ll see!

It will make you more confident if you look at past paper mark schemes to see what sort of diamonds you’d miss in each box - only a few really, plenty up for grabs
Original post by MasterLeader
It will make you more confident if you look at past paper mark schemes to see what sort of diamonds you’d miss in each box - only a few really, plenty up for grabs

So there's no way the examiner could just disregard the rest of R3 for missing the calculation completely? I feel like because it was asked in the question missing it is very important and likely to write off the rest of the answer entirely.

If I just knew someone who had made the same sort of mistake and passed it would be comforting but I don't think that's possible!
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah..I think i will fail too. Poor time management on R1. Spent almost 1 h 45 m to complete it.
I havent have chance to read R3 properly, with only 25 minutes remaining, i just wrote Financial view only.
Indeed, I think i did pretty well in R1 and R2, wonder would this suffice to gain 50 mark?

Anyway, see you guys in the next sitting - July, LOL.
How did everyone get on? By some miracle, I managed to pass!!
Reply 24
Original post by catapult23

I'm happy to hear that. Congratulations!

Thankfully, I've managed to pass as well.
Original post by catapult23

Passed with 84% - over the moon as you would expect!

CR/SBM went well also :smile:
yeah passed too - so happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending