The Student Room Group

I have a D in English but want to go to Uni this year

I am currently 20 years old and studying my last year on a software development course. I have a D in English, however, I passed with a C in maths and English literature. When i went to resit in college i was told that a C in English lit can be considered a pass in English due to new rules. This was in 2016. Now that i have come to apply for university i have noticed that majority of universities look for a C in English language. When i asked my tutor about it, he said just to be honest and if i try to pass it as "English C" without putting them as two different results i would get rejected due to trying to lie about it. I am currently on track for a D*D*D* in software development also.

I cant help worry that my application is going to get rejected due to the D and its too late to retake my English now. I have also already sent off my UCAS application.

My first choice university is Salford but i have also applied to Sheffield Hallam, Edge hill, Bolton and UCLAN.

I guess my question is will my high grade in my BTEC show that i am capable of achieving high grades. Or is there no hope for me?
Reply 1
They’ll probably make you retake the course.
Original post by Muudeey
They’ll probably make you retake the course.

How do you mean? Retake English or?
Reply 3
Bump
Original post by Muudeey
Bump

Bump?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending