Hula6789
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Where can I find out which labs allow you to complete your portfolio? Can’t find any info anywhere. Thanks!
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hula6789)
Where can I find out which labs allow you to complete your portfolio? Can’t find any info anywhere. Thanks!
There isn't a list as such, but most NHS laboratories are accredited for training purposes with the IBMS.

You'll struggle to get a laboratory to put you through your training portfolio without seeking formal employment with them either via a Trainee BMS job (rare and competitive) or working as a Medical Laboratory Assistant and hoping they're one of the few laboratories that support their MLA's in further training.
jakeyBlewis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im having the same difficulty trying to find one @hula6789. I tried contacting the IBMS directly they just said there is no list, yet when I go on their ste there is one but you have from 2015 (so not that outdate), you have to pay for membership to see it though, they really seem like they are trying every way to get money out of people.
The guy I spoke to said you need to send a list of labs your interested in to them ands then they can confirm if its approved or not so half tempeded to get a list of a few hundred labs from all over the UK and get them to confirm or deny each, give them more work for being deliberatly awkward.
If you find out anything helpful please let me know and ill do the same.

(Original post by Hula6789)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (159)
14.52%
I'm not sure (47)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (326)
29.77%
I have already dropped out (31)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (532)
48.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed