The Student Room Group

Newly qualified ACA-Options?

I became exam qualified in the Summer and I'm now awaiting formal invitation to membership, having submitted my training file in September. My question is: just how in demand am I as a newly qualified ACA? Is now the best time to move if I'm not happy in my area? I'm considering contacting a recruiter, putting my CV out there and seeing what offers I get. Just a bit of background..unfortunately the package being offered by my current employer is below expectation. Not only this, but they have been quite shoddy to work for and I am based in a peripheral office, which means I have to travel more often and opportunities will always be restrictive unless I move cities, which I'm unwilling to do. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Ryunis
I became exam qualified in the Summer and I'm now awaiting formal invitation to membership, having submitted my training file in September. My question is: just how in demand am I as a newly qualified ACA? Is now the best time to move if I'm not happy in my area? I'm considering contacting a recruiter, putting my CV out there and seeing what offers I get. Just a bit of background..unfortunately the package being offered by my current employer is below expectation. Not only this, but they have been quite shoddy to work for and I am based in a peripheral office, which means I have to travel more often and opportunities will always be restrictive unless I move cities, which I'm unwilling to do. Thanks

Do you want to stay in the profession? Which city are you in?
Reply 2
I absolutely want to stay in the profession. I didn't put 3 years in years into training only to go into something else. In my next role I want to be able to demonstrate my skills more than I'm able to at my current place.

I'm based in Manchester, I expect there's plenty on offer and so I shouldn't need to relocate.
Reply 3
Original post by Ryunis
I absolutely want to stay in the profession. I didn't put 3 years in years into training only to go into something else. In my next role I want to be able to demonstrate my skills more than I'm able to at my current place.

I'm based in Manchester, I expect there's plenty on offer and so I shouldn't need to relocate.

Well, if you want to stay in the profession:
- check the websites of a number of firms and see if they are recruiting
- see which the main recruitment firm is for CA firms and go and see them for a chat.

I'd guess lots of firms would like to see you as there has been a bit of a shortage of candidates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending