The Student Room Group

Biology a-level mark schemes and advice on revising for a biology a-level

I am currently in year 12 studying biology, maths and psychology. At the moment, biology is definitely seeming to be my hardest a-level, since there's the most to learn and the concepts are the most complex. We have an assessment week coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer biology mark schemes at a-level or just in whole revising it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by ellaadavidson
I am currently in year 12 studying biology, maths and psychology. At the moment, biology is definitely seeming to be my hardest a-level, since there's the most to learn and the concepts are the most complex. We have an assessment week coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer biology mark schemes at a-level or just in whole revising it. Thanks :smile:

You'll get the hang of it in no time, once you start revising it'll all come back to you. The hardest stuff I found was remembering the Mitosis stages and the trascripting/translation processes etc. But when looking through your textbook, you'll see if you learn only a tiny bit - it will become common sense.

use this : https://snaprevise.co.uk/dashboard/courses
it gives detailed revision lessons a bit like that freesciencelessons guy but for alevel and best of all it is free.
I’m in year 12 too and I advise learning things word for word, they can be nit-picky when grading, make sure you have a wide understanding of the topics and be very specific and detailed. Hope this helped x

Just make sure you know specific words and key terms
Original post by Just Some Lurker
use this : https://snaprevise.co.uk/dashboard/courses
it gives detailed revision lessons a bit like that freesciencelessons guy but for alevel and best of all it is free.

free lmao
Original post by TallyPurk
I’m in year 12 too and I advise learning things word for word, they can be nit-picky when grading, make sure you have a wide understanding of the topics and be very specific and detailed. Hope this helped x

Yeah, that's really good advice. Thanks :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending