Biology a-level mark schemes and advice on revising for a biology a-level

Watch
ellaadavidson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in year 12 studying biology, maths and psychology. At the moment, biology is definitely seeming to be my hardest a-level, since there's the most to learn and the concepts are the most complex. We have an assessment week coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer biology mark schemes at a-level or just in whole revising it. Thanks
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ellaadavidson)
I am currently in year 12 studying biology, maths and psychology. At the moment, biology is definitely seeming to be my hardest a-level, since there's the most to learn and the concepts are the most complex. We have an assessment week coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer biology mark schemes at a-level or just in whole revising it. Thanks
You'll get the hang of it in no time, once you start revising it'll all come back to you. The hardest stuff I found was remembering the Mitosis stages and the trascripting/translation processes etc. But when looking through your textbook, you'll see if you learn only a tiny bit - it will become common sense.
Just Some Lurker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
use this : https://snaprevise.co.uk/dashboard/courses
it gives detailed revision lessons a bit like that freesciencelessons guy but for alevel and best of all it is free.
TallyPurk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in year 12 too and I advise learning things word for word, they can be nit-picky when grading, make sure you have a wide understanding of the topics and be very specific and detailed. Hope this helped x
rosepower
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just make sure you know specific words and key terms
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Just Some Lurker)
use this : https://snaprevise.co.uk/dashboard/courses
it gives detailed revision lessons a bit like that freesciencelessons guy but for alevel and best of all it is free.
free lmao
ellaadavidson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TallyPurk)
I’m in year 12 too and I advise learning things word for word, they can be nit-picky when grading, make sure you have a wide understanding of the topics and be very specific and detailed. Hope this helped x
Yeah, that's really good advice. Thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads