The Student Room Group

can i do law

I am considering doing law but i am not certain i am able do so because of my GCSE grades.my GCSE grades are:
Maths=A
History=A
English lang=A
English lit =A
RS=A*
French =C
double science=C/C
drama=B
English speaking = distinction
PE=merit

if anyone thinks i can get into a Russel uni with these grades please let me know. also for A Levels i'm doing:
*sociology
*English lang
*government and politics

are these good subjects at a level for law ? thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by samisikander
I am considering doing law but i am not certain i am able do so because of my GCSE grades.my GCSE grades are:
Maths=A
History=A
English lang=A
English lit =A
RS=A*
French =C
double science=C/C
drama=B
PE=merit

if anyone thinks i can get into a Russel uni with these grades please let me know. also for A Levels i'm doing:
*sociology
*English lang
*government and politics

They're fine.

It really isn't *that* difficult to get into an RG university (not that it means anything). Your subject choices look fine as well.
Maths=A
History=A
English lang=A
English lit =A
RS=A*
French =C
double science=C/C
drama=B
PE=merit

*sociology
*English lang
*government and politics

Depends what your predicted or actual A level grades are.

GCSE other than Maths and English tend to be less important except for the very top[ unis.
Original post by Blue_Cow
They're fine.

It really isn't *that* difficult to get into an RG university (not that it means anything). Your subject choices look fine as well.

i mean i feel like it is very competitive to get into so i thought i would post on here. i was not certain because i got a c in science and french .but if they seem fine hopefully your right :smile: thanks for the reply!
Original post by 999tigger
Depends what your predicted or actual A level grades are.

GCSE other than Maths and English tend to be less important except for the very top[ unis.

so the GCSE grades are fine ? i just need to get 3 As at a level to get into the university i want (Birmingham) , not that its easy !!!
so the GCSE grades are fine ? i just need to get 3 As at a level to get into the university i want (Birmingham) , not that its easy !!!

Yes. Some people will have better, but its not an actual requirement from them

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/strategic-framework/Education/offer-calculator.aspx
Original post by 999tigger
Yes. Some people will have better, but its not an actual requirement from them

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/strategic-framework/Education/offer-calculator.aspx

thanks for the link its very useful !
I'm currently at a Russell group university and in my GCSE I got 2A*'s 3A's 6B's and a C. I really thought that they would hold me back (meaning the number of B grades I got) but it obviously didn't

Quick Reply