The Student Room Group

Is my ex's behaviour cruel?

About a month ago my ex broke up with me - her reason was that she felt "something was wrong". She didn't know what but she loves me etc etc... I was pretty upset, and way she broke up with me was honestly pretty gauling (just met most of her extended family at a family wedding the day before she broke up with me).

Fast forward to now...

She is messaging me and saying she misses me and loves me and thinks I'm great, but knows it's bad and doesn't want to be together. Obviously when she says these things it stirs up all kinds of emotions

Is it just me or is continuing to say these things to me pretty cruel and callous? Almost manipulative?
I honestly believe she does really miss me, and she said she regrets it

Is she just using me as an emotional tampon?
Should I cut off all contact?

(I don't even want to be with her by the way - her behaviour and the way she handled it has kind of disgusted me)
Reply 1
Forgot to mention we were together for 2 years
I think you should talk to her and ask her how she really feels. To me it seems like there's another reason, and I don't think "something's wrong" is a good enough reason to want to break up with you.

It's completely plausible that she is just trying to play with your feelings, though - but if you know her well enough you should be able to tell whether she's the type of person to do that.

EDIT : Also considering you were together for 2 years, she's going to still have an emotional attachment to you; I went through it with my ex but she seemed to move on quickly, whereas it took me a few months to adjust to having her cut off from me so suddenly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey,

Yeah I agree with you her behaviour has been childish and cruel, I'm sure she still genuinely likes you it's just maybe she wants you to make the first move? Honestly I would still fully support your decision to not be with her because letting your ex get back with you is dangerous. You deserve better she's not as serious about this as you are and she needs time off to sort herself out, you just have to figure out whether you're strong enough to resist texting her back. I hope you come out of this happy and strong:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by London090
Hey,

Yeah I agree with you her behaviour has been childish and cruel, I'm sure she still genuinely likes you it's just maybe she wants you to make the first move? Honestly I would still fully support your decision to not be with her because letting your ex get back with you is dangerous. You deserve better she's not as serious about this as you are and she needs time off to sort herself out, you just have to figure out whether you're strong enough to resist texting her back. I hope you come out of this happy and strong:smile:

I tried to initiate getting back together like 1 week after the breakup and she was saying she regretted breaking up with and she literally falls asleep every night cuddling one of my old jumpers but said she still had this big feeling that we shouldn't be together.

I thought well that's really *****y behaviour but i'm not going to cry into my cornflakes about it and I'm going to try and move on and then now she is messaging me this stuff... she also still sends me nudes and stuff on snapchat sometimes

What really pissed me off is that she didn't discuss it with me before breaking up with me, like that should be the first port of call if you are unhappy in a relationship surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending