Can I get NHS braces again?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've seen a thread about this but not the end result. I'm under 18 and I was wondering if I could get braces again. I should've worn my retainers but I just was so lazy and I'm feeling the consequences. Can I still get braces under the NHS for free? If you have had this experience before, please don't hesitate to add that, if you don't then no worries. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
username4203506
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Worth a try talk to your dentist but as you have to go on a waiting list they might refuse you if you’ve already had them before or ask you to pay. Worth asking though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ingrownhair)
Worth a try talk to your dentist but as you have to go on a waiting list they might refuse you if you’ve already had them before or ask you to pay. Worth asking though
Thanks
squeakypop
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I doubt it. I don't think there's a rule about having orthodontics multiple times, but a bit of wonkiness as a result of not wearing your retainers is very unlikely to be bad enough to qualify for treatment in the first place.

If you're desperate, you can always ask your dentist at your next check-up, but again I feel they're very unlikely to refer you.

Sorry for the bad news! I also didn't wear my retainers and lived to regret it...I'm older than 18 though so am considering private treatment.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doubt it... but ask your dentist and see if they will refer you?
username3638550
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had them twice on the NHS. Just speak to your dentist to get referred. It's important you wear your retainer next time though, they told me it couldn't be done at all more than twice.
Last edited by username3638550; 2 years ago
JMR2021_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but I haven’t really been wearing retainers for the past few months (although I did wear them for a couple of years before that) and my teeth haven’t really moved. Do you think I should keep wearing them?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JMR2018)
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but I haven’t really been wearing retainers for the past few months (although I did wear them for a couple of years before that) and my teeth haven’t really moved. Do you think I should keep wearing them?
DEFINITELY! My teeth are messed up and it's making me self-conscious. If you dont wear them, you'll regret it forever. It saves you so much hassle. Btw you only have to wear them non stop for like month maybe more (never got that advice and that's why i stopped wearing them) and then it's just at night and then eventually once a week. They might not move now, but time will build up and you'll be in my position which is horrible.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Conconz)
I had them twice on the NHS. Just speak to your dentist to get referred. It's important you wear your retainer next time though, they told me it couldn't be done at all more than twice.
Thanks
Anonymous #1
I'll keep you guys updated on what happens
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JMR2018)
I wore mine religiously for 5-6 years then stopped as they got broken. My teeth haven't moved.
DAVEGR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a similar issue but I did wear my retainers. I think my orthodontist too my braces off too early
S.hxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had braces but the orthodontist didn’t give me my retainers I had them took off last year but I have gaps in my teeth an there overlapping each other , would I be able to get braces on the nhs again? As it wasn’t my fault ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Go to your dentist and explain what happened.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by S.hxo)
I had braces but the orthodontist didn’t give me my retainers I had them took off last year but I have gaps in my teeth an there overlapping each other , would I be able to get braces on the nhs again? As it wasn’t my fault ?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Go to your dentist and explain what happened.
leahwhitby03
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what happened in the end?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (251)
57.18%
I don't have everything I need (188)
42.82%

Watched Threads