A level Business studies a waste of time

Watch
Jsun02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can’t decide between this or geography. Please help. In gcse year right now and want to go into product design.
Ash:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jsun02)
Can’t decide between this or geography. Please help. In gcse year right now and want to go into product design.
Business studies may help towards a career in product designing as it will provide you with a foundation to understand how businesses operate and their conduct in order to satisfy consumer needs/wants; whilst geography (depending on what board you do) will focus on modulus like volcanoes, rocks, water and globalisation, TNCs - food miles etc. If you’re not really into studying the physical environment then geography may be a bore for you

Personally, if I were in your position, I would take business studies rather than geography.

Jsun02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks so much. Will sit and ponder over it a bit more. It’s just that with business changing all the time and stats showing that business studies doesn’t physically prepare yourself for workin the real world I need to have a good reason why. Geo is more broad and covers everything from analytics to research and presentation.
Neglectedchicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Business is actually very useful like it teaches you important real world information, if you did not study for gsce though be aware you will struggle unless you work hard to cover the basics before hand, same with georgraphy..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
29.29%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.14%

Watched Threads