Turn on thread page Beta

Every year me and my family go on holiday to this big caravan park and this year my brother came for the first time, I've been looking forward to this holiday for a while because I get to see all my friends there who also go every year at around the same time we do. But this year not as many friends are here, just one is in fact and this is where the problem has came from.

I was excited to introduce my brother to this friend of mine and now I am slowly regretting it, they're doing more then getting on, I feel like they're leaving me out. I've known this friend for years and I never expected for this to happen. At first it started when they both went to this football morning club they have going, I don't like football so I was like okay have fun and I wasn't bothered but since then they've been doing more and more stuff together and it's really annoying me.

Stuff that doesn't involve me. A few nights ago he had a party at his caravan and they both said there's no point in me coming until they've set up and that's when I thought okay, they're both being really *****y to me. I was thinking about just not going at all but I decided to. When I arrived it was those two there and myself, he said to my brother oh you can have some of my beers if you want as he knew we both didn't have much money and said nothing to me.

As the party went on my friend hardly even spoke to me, except for when he wanted to borrow my phone. I left early and made up that I was tired and they didn't even try and convince me to stay, they were just like oh okay cya then.

Luckily the next night after that some of my other friends arrived and I've been hanging around with them since, they instantly asked if myself and this friend had fallen out and I told them to ask him as I couldn't even be bothered to explain as it's so petty. Now there's loads of tension in the air as he's making out that he's done nothing wrong.

Back at home I struggle to make friends and this has really annoyed me. Should I forgive him? Should I get sweet revenge? Or should I forever cold shoulder him and get everyone else to do the same? They've all said they're on my side if it comes to it and will back up whatever decision I decide to make.

ReputationRep:
    ngl i was expecting something completely different

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are closer than you think?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    You've nothing to get 'revenge' for and there is no need for getting people to pick 'sides'. You're jealous of their friendship and acting petty. If you feel left out and want to be included more try communicating this to your brother and/or friend. They're not going to know you feel this way unless you tell them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try a threesome to make up?

ReputationRep:
    From your point of view it seems really not nice and you have a right to feel annoyed by it. However, from their point of view it does seem quite unfair. I would voice to your brother privately how you are feeling as he probably just doesn't realise. It may seem like a big issue but it actually will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immigrant #963)
    Same it was a massive let down tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steveeem)
    ya i expected something better too xD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by steveeem)
    (Original post by Switch01)
    ya i expected something better too xD
    That's TSR clickbait for you!

ReputationRep:
    plot twist:they are smashing.

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A few nights ago he had a party at his caravan and they both said there's no point in me coming until they've set up
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.