St Andrews Postgraduate Prospective Students 2019/0 Watch

Max_2012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey Everbody,

just got my offer from St Andrews for my MLitt International Business in 2019. Anybody else who is going to be a postgraduate candidate for next year?

Cheers!
rachytabes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi! I just received my offer for MLitt in IB as well I’m so excited. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs before accepting. Have you figured out your accommodation yet?
Max_2012
Rep:
?
(Original post by rachytabes)Hi! I just received my offer for MLitt in IB as well I’m so excited. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs before accepting. Have you figured out your accommodation yet?

Hey. Its is verly likely that I am going to accept my offer. I am probably going to have a private accomdation together with friend. Which other programs did you you apply to? And also... where are you coming from?
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
LBS, Imperial, UCL. I’m coming from the States. How about you?
Max_2012
Rep:
?
(Original post by rachytabes)
LBS, Imperial, UCL. I’m coming from the States. How about you?
Germany! Let me have your feedback on your decision once you received all offers
knighttoken1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, congrats on your offers! May I ask how long did it take for you guys to receive the offers?

I applied to MSc Computing and IT back in late October, so it's been nearly 3 weeks now and the status of my application has remained 'Checking application' since then.
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’d recommend emailing them. I submitted my application (final reference uploaded 25 Oct) and received my offer 7 Nov. It seemed rather fast, but maybe they’d already looked at all my supporting documents.
myriahsmith17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Wow, congrats to you all! I'm still waiting to hear back about my application. I received word that my application was officially under consideration on October 18th, so hopefully I will hear back any day now. Fingers crossed! I applied for the MLitt in International Security Studies
Suzanne93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Max_2012)
Hey Everbody,

just got my offer from St Andrews for my MLitt International Business in 2019. Anybody else who is going to be a postgraduate candidate for next year?

Cheers!
Hi Max!

Congratulations! Just in case you have some questions about the degree, I'm currently studying it so fire away if you need to know anything

Suzanne
myriahsmith17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I just received an offer to study International Security Studies! I also have an offer from the University of Edinburgh. It seems I have quite a lot of thinking to do in a short amount of time
silaa27
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Max_2012)
Hey Everbody,

Cheers!
Hi ,
Congratulations !

I also applied for the MLITT international business but haven't heard back yet..
awell!
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Everyone,

I just received an unconditional offer to study the MLitt in International Business, as well! I'm an overseas applicant and submitted my application 31 Oct, final reference submitted 13 Nov. So it took a little over three weeks to receive a decision after all application materials were submitted. I have unconditionals for St Andrews, Aberdeen, and Bath, but still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh. My offer requires a response within four weeks - hopefully Edi will make its decision soon!

Congrats to all who have already received offers!

Cheers
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by awell!)
Hi Everyone,

I just received an unconditional offer to study the MLitt in International Business, as well! I'm an overseas applicant and submitted my application 31 Oct, final reference submitted 13 Nov. So it took a little over three weeks to receive a decision after all application materials were submitted. I have unconditionals for St Andrews, Aberdeen, and Bath, but still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh. My offer requires a response within four weeks - hopefully Edi will make its decision soon!

Congrats to all who have already received offers!

Cheers
congrats!!! I’ve actually just accepted my offer to St A as well (because of the deadline) but am still waiting to hear back from other programs - like you.
If you end up accepting your offer, let us know!
alext1622
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I have an offer on the MSc Finance course - will most likely accept
Last edited by alext1622; 6 months ago
caseyjbeyer
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just accepted my offer for an MRes in Anthropology, Art and Perception!! It took them 12 weeks from my letter of rec submission to get back to me and my application status didn't change in the portal until I got my offer! I know I was checking these forums like wild to see if anyone else had the same experience, so I wanted to share!
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone! Accepted my offer so will be seeing you all in the fall. Does anyone know anything about housing??? Am looking at Deans Court or going with a private residence company?
awell!
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rachytabes)
Hi everyone! Accepted my offer so will be seeing you all in the fall. Does anyone know anything about housing??? Am looking at Deans Court or going with a private residence company?
Hey! I ended up accepting my offer for the MLitt in IB as well, forgot to update this thread months ago now (whoops). I was going to apply for Deans Court but it's too bad the main building will be closed for the year, that was the main reason I would apply Most likely going to apply for St Gregory's instead for its location and feel of private accommodation. Still on the fence, though.
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is the Annexe of Deans still open? I just love the location and (as American this will sound) the historical look of the building. I'll have to look into Gregory's!

(Original post by awell!)Hey! I ended up accepting my offer for the MLitt in IB as well, forgot to update this thread months ago now (whoops). I was going to apply for Deans Court but it's too bad the main building will be closed for the year, that was the main reason I would apply Most likely going to apply for St Gregory's instead for its location and feel of private accommodation. Still on the fence, though.
Tigermaris
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey everyone!

I only applied a week ago, but I already have a potential supervisor (no idea if that has any influence on my application).
Congrats to all of you lucky offer-holders!
rachytabes
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi Max! I just received my offer as well. I'll be doing MLitt in IB too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (304)
15.16%
The paper was reasonable (1108)
55.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (435)
21.7%
It was TERRIBLE (158)
7.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed