The Student Room Group

69 year old man identifies as a 49 year old man

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guru Jason
. Trans men and women should rightly go their correct prisons and their crimes and gender specific. Sex crimes can be committed by both genders regardless anywhere they are.

Well, obviously, only men can rape. So you would agree with me that a rapist who identifies as a woman should not be sent to a female prison where he can find easy prey for further crimes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7197153/transgender-rapist-women-inmates-in-jail/

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/transgender-rape-suspect-accused-of-attacking-four-inmates-in-womens-jail-16942026
I really wanted to do a Masters, but because 60 is the cut off age for funding, I wasn’t eligible. Would that work for me, if I could get 10 years knocked off my age?
Original post by Wired_1800
1. If the woman identifies as 7, then it is pedophilia.

2. If a 34 year old identifies as 12, they should not be given alcohol.

As society, we have to understand and agree how much chaos we want. We cannot allow some people to do certain things and others to not.

If a 10 year old identifies as a 32 year old man and wants to go to a strip club, why shouldn’t he??

So what happens when a young child or 10or 11 identifies as an adult and engages in sexual relations with someone older. I guarantee you wouldn't be happy about that if it was your child. We have ages of consent to protect people from these abuses.
Original post by Seamus123
I really wanted to do a Masters, but because 60 is the cut off age for funding, I wasn’t eligible. Would that work for me, if I could get 10 years knocked off my age?

Obviously! And you could knock off a bit more and have a young person's rail card.
I think he's made a mistake. His comments are clearly the sort of nonsense 13 yr old boys come out with :yes:

"positivity trainer" ffs and wastes his efforts ******** all over trans people. What a ****
So what happens when a young child or 10or 11 identifies as an adult and engages in sexual relations with someone older. I guarantee you wouldn't be happy about that if it was your child. We have ages of consent to protect people from these abuses.

But that is where we are. You cannot impede someone’s rights because of your views.

If a 10/11 year old boy wants to transition to a girl, he is allowed to. So why wouldn't he be able to identify as a 30 year old, if he feels he is mature enough?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 26
I dont think thats a fair comparison. Trans men and women should rightly go their correct prisons and their crimes and gender specific. Sex crimes can be committed by both genders regardless anywhere they are. Age isuuse create huge consent issue.

What happens when a 12 year old decides he's actually 34 and doesn't finish their education. Your age is your age for a reason.

You just said that the comparison wasn't fair, yet failed to provide any distinction between the two scenarios.

Both things are as open to abuse. Why persecute the many people who want to change their age because of the actions of a the few (like the case is for trans people)
Reply 27
I dont think thats a fair comparison. Trans men and women should rightly go their correct prisons and their crimes and gender specific. Sex crimes can be committed by both genders regardless anywhere they are. Age isuuse create huge consent issue.

What happens when a 12 year old decides he's actually 34 and doesn't finish their education. Your age is your age for a reason.

Age restrictions are only there due to the perceived maturity of an age. 18 is just an arbitrary number that has no biological significance.

I know many 13 year olds that are more capable of sifting through information to vote than even some 20 year olds.

If you are saying a man shouldn't be confined to gender (a supposedly human created concept) why confine a person based in their age (another human created concept)
Original post by Wired_1800
But that is where we are. You cannot impede someone’s rights because of your views.

If a 10/11 year old boy wants to transition to a girl, he is allowed to. So why would ‘t he be able to identify as a 30 year old, if he feels he is mature enough?

What the point of having age at all then? Why not just scrap it altogether? I don't think anyone should have a right to change age but maybe that's just me. Gender/sex/race sure change that. No one can harm themselves when these are changed. Change age and so many can get harmed it's not even funny.
Reply 29
Original post by PQ
I think he's made a mistake. His comments are clearly the sort of nonsense 13 yr old boys come out with :yes:

"positivity trainer" ffs and wastes his efforts ******** all over trans people. What a ****

The same was being said of trans people barely a few decades ago...
What the point of having age at all then? Why not just scrap it altogether? I don't think anyone should have a right to change age but maybe that's just me. Gender/sex/race sure change that. No one can harm themselves when these are changed. Change age and so many can get harmed it's not even funny.

You are missing the point. It is all or nothing.

The argument for change of gender, sex or race is that they are all man-made concepts used to abuse the rights of others. So is age. Age restrictions abuse and impede the rights of millions of people, who cannot vote, drink alcohol, travel alone etc.

The idea that people should be able to change a certain profile of themselves, but get restricted from changing other parts is aggressive and offensive. That is the point.
Reply 31

This is a disgusting assumption and is akin to saying trans people shouldn't be accepted because a man could say he's a woman and this would enable "her" to perv on women?
Reply 33
Original post by Andrew97
Oh this has worked a treat.

People who are for trans are always offended when someone uses the same logic for an obviously absurd thing (I sexually identify as an attack helicopter etc)

What they don't realise is that in a few decades when this becomes a thing, these people will be labelled as bigots, ironically
Original post by e^iπ
The same was being said of trans people barely a few decades ago...

No it wasn't - learn your history :yes:

Trans people have existed (and been part of society and accepted) for centuries. SRS was developed 100 years ago - of course the Nazis burnt most of the research in the 30s and set things back a bit :rolleyes: Don't pretend your bigotry is traditional
Paedophiles are gonna have a field day after hearing this...
Original post by e^iπ
This is a disgusting assumption and is akin to saying trans people shouldn't be accepted because a man could say he's a woman and this would enable "her" to perv on women?

No it isn't. Perving as you put it is not a gender based crime. So being a man or woman doesn't matter as both are capable of doing it. If you adjust ages then innocent people can get into trouble for no reason even of the didn't mean to. Do we sell ciggeretts/alcohol/knives to children who identify as adult? I would say no but it seems I'm the odd one out here.
Reply 37
Original post by PQ
No it wasn't - learn your history :yes:

Trans people have existed (and been part of society and accepted) for centuries. SRS was developed 100 years ago - of course the Nazis burnt most of the research in the 30s and set things back a bit :rolleyes: Don't pretend your bigotry is traditional

Why are you insulting me?

The law should be based on absolutes (or at least try to as this is not always possible)

People can say that they identify as whatever they want. but toilets are sex segregated, not gender segregated

The man I'm the article should be able to change his age of people who have the mental illness of gender dysphoria can change their sex through surgery
Reply 38
No it isn't. Perving as you put it is not a gender based crime. So being a man or woman doesn't matter as both are capable of doing it. If you adjust ages then innocent people can get into trouble for no reason even of the didn't mean to. Do we sell ciggeretts/alcohol/knives to children who identify as adult? I would say no but it seems I'm the odd one out here.

Most crimes committed under the influence of alcohol are by adults, most knife crime is comitted by people over 18.
Original post by Seamus123

Go for it seamus! I’m planning on going for 67. I want my pension!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending