The Student Room Group

I was marked absent on my exam, due to misguidance.

Hi,I wasn't able to give my business studiess paper today, what happened was that my statement of entry said I had to give the paper at AM but the venue notice said PM and AM timings, since I was giving the papers as a private candidate I did not know what to expect so called British Council Lahore for advise and they advised I could sit the paper either times, so I arrived at the PM time and was asked to leave since my reporting time should have been AM. I am now not allowed to resit the paper and would have to register to give the paper again in the next sessions in June. Can you advise what is the procedure here since I obviously called asking for advice and was misguided now I haven't given my paper and would like to have the paper rescheduled and can not afford to pay the fees again!! What do I do?
Original post by saherhassan
Hi,I wasn't able to give my business studiess paper today, what happened was that my statement of entry said I had to give the paper at AM but the venue notice said PM and AM timings, since I was giving the papers as a private candidate I did not know what to expect so called British Council Lahore for advise and they advised I could sit the paper either times, so I arrived at the PM time and was asked to leave since my reporting time should have been AM. I am now not allowed to resit the paper and would have to register to give the paper again in the next sessions in June. Can you advise what is the procedure here since I obviously called asking for advice and was misguided now I haven't given my paper and would like to have the paper rescheduled and can not afford to pay the fees again!! What do I do?

Make a complaint to British Council and explain what happened.
It is important you remember everything you can about the call as they may have recorded it and otherwise you have every little evidence.
You are asking for you to be allowed to sit the exam in June 2019 and for the fees to ve carries across as you have already paid

Tbh if my paper said AM then I would have shown at AM.

https://www.britishcouncil.org/contact/about-customer-services
Original post by saherhassan
my statement of entry said I had to give the paper at AM...

...I arrived at the PM time

Study and save up for June.

Quick Reply

Latest