Youtuber banned for killing npc feminist in red dead redemption 2

Watch
hazmort
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-46132172

I can’t believe political correctness has gone so far that people get mad at you for killing fictional characters in video games
BetaMale101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"YouTube's Community Guidelines prohibit among other things, gratuitous violence, nudity, dangerous and illegal activities, and hate speech,"

These people really don't understand how video games work
SillyPig123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And yet a guy who literally filmed a dead body is still posting and making money on the site.
Divine Masculine
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Someone give that man a medal
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can I point out that YouTube said they realise that taking the video was a mistake and reinstated it. They said that had been a mistake in the review process. Don't get too angry over this.

See below link
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46137186
Last edited by Guru Jason; 2 years ago
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that is some bs

doing stuff like that in video games is what makes them fun
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Gaming.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eh, says a lot about gamers that they were delighted they could repeatedly kill the "annoying feminist" (i.e. demanding the vote) but annoyed that killing the KKK goes without penalty (like any other gang). Sad, pathetic children busy removing the dorito crumbs from their keyboard to go on a tirade against any company that doesn't pander to them in every move (see the Diablo mobile game)
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah its ridiculous tbh
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Probably youtube has some feminist moderators who took great offence...
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Eh, says a lot about gamers that they were delighted they could repeatedly kill the "annoying feminist" (i.e. demanding the vote) but annoyed that killing the KKK goes without penalty (like any other gang). Sad, pathetic children busy removing the dorito crumbs from their keyboard to go on a tirade against any company that doesn't pander to them in every move (see the Diablo mobile game)
Ah this is what this situation needed: more discrimination!
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hazmort)

I can’t believe political correctness has gone so far that people get mad at you for killing fictional characters in video games
Youtube has now done a U-Turn on the matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46137186

It's just as I suspected, the removal was down to one or two staff taking offence.............
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tbh I might go out and buy the game [and not becaue you get to kill feminists], the reviews seem pretty good..
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
Ah this is what this situation needed: more discrimination!
Eh, when they're still on the gamergate nonsense (where they reacted to women making and playing games as if you'd shot their pet dog and went full out on the misogynistic crap), calling them pathetic children is being kind. The gamer community is utterly toxic - hence why a lot of people who play games regularly won't describe themselves as a gamer

Obviously what I was meant to say though was "EA Bad, CDPR Good. Praise Geraldo"
Last edited by Stiff Little Fingers; 2 years ago
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Eh, when they're still on the gamergate nonsense (where they reacted to women making and playing games as if you'd shot their pet dog and went full out on the misogynistic crap), calling them pathetic children is being kind. The gamer community is utterly toxic - hence why a lot of people who play games regularly won't describe themselves as a gamer

Obviously what I was meant to say though was "EA Bad, CDPR Good. Praise Geraldo"
All you said were 'gamers', which anyone reading without that further explanation is going to think 'people who play games'.

And you're writing it in the gaming forum.

As a member of the 'TSR Support Team'.

You're not wrong about people you describe, but they're not a community, and they're not all one and the same. They're just those who usually sit on forums/internet all day getting angry, having arguments and 'hating' things to compensate for their own issues.

But the way you talk about it is exactly how they talk.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Funny video - youtube buckled cos it didn't want to be held responsible for any real world trend starting up of cowboys feeding feminists to alligators

I think the devs modified that NPC's voice so that it was extra loud - it drowns out other dialogue over a large area and being a violent cowboy based game there's only so many ways of making that NPC stop yakking.
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SillyPig123)
And yet a guy who literally filmed a dead body is still posting and making money on the site.
Yeah, but killing someone in a game isn’t acceptable.
Doctor Robert
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hazmort)

Yet that idiot Logan Paul still has a channel.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
All you said were 'gamers', which anyone reading without that further explanation is going to think 'people who play games'.

And you're writing it in the gaming forum.
Nonsense. People who play games will be fully aware of the difference between "people who play games" and gamers.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I actually know the YouTuber. The story is not complete. He didn’t actually get banned. His channel is still there and he’s still posting videos plus his offending video is still there and now he’s making even more controversial videos SMH.
Last edited by username3941996; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads