Bequ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Since I've had a lot of help from the student room i thought i could give some back. For pre-moderation i received 60/60 today for my Geography A level NEA. If anyone has any questions I can try and answer them.
Last edited by Bequ; 1 year ago
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bequ)
Since I've had a lot of help from the student room i thought i could give some back. For pre-modification i received 60/60 today for my Geography A level NEA. If anyone has any questions I can try and answer them!
what was the title of your nea?
Bequ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
what was the title of your nea?
To what extent is new housing development affecting the sense of place of (my home town) ?
Khushi.S
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How many words was it? I’m at 8748
Bequ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khushi.S)
How many words was it? I’m at 8748
10.5 k, which is a lot as i had so many methods to analyse. Obviously aim for quality over quantity, but you aren't penalized for going over the 'word limit'. I don't know anyone in my class who hasn't written over 6k words.
helpmeeeeeplz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have any tips
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm on 5k,I thought that was a lot lol. Well some of the tables are printscreens so roughly 6000 I guess. Just got conclusion, bibliography and Part of data analysis to go
Bequ
Rep:
?
(Original post by helpmeeeeeplz)
Do you have any tips
I think to get an A* you need to have quite a few methods, perhaps 8+, and also I think putting a short sentence from an academic at the end of your hypotheses helps boost your grade up/shows wider reading etc. Also, remember to talk about how your study helps/shows x on a global scale as well as a local scale. The biggest tip would be to look at some of the online examples AQA offer, particularly the gentrification one and reciprocate its structure
Bequ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
I'm on 5k,I thought that was a lot lol. Well some of the tables are printscreens so roughly 6000 I guess. Just got conclusion, bibliography and Part of data analysis to go
To be honest, no one in my class did lower than 6k but if you’re concise and straight to the point/show good analysis you’ll probably do very well regardless.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bequ)
To be honest, no one in my class did lower than 6k but if you’re concise and straight to the point/show good analysis you’ll probably do very well regardless.
I finished with 9.3k. I don't even know what I'm gonna get though. Hopefully an A still
dev2299j
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you mind sharing yours with us as an exemplar? Also I only have 5 days left to write Area 2, 3 and 4. Do you reckon I could do it if I put in 100% every day?
inspir8tion
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Please could you let me know what 3 aims/subheadings you chose.

It sounds like an interesting topic, but I want to be careful not to make this too big if I choose it.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads