Question about English Literature and Creative Writing course balance

Watch
artybadger34
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I'm hoping to go to uni in 2019 and study English Literature and Creative Writing. I'm considering Warwick as one of my choices. My question is, how is the course weighted there? Is it 50% English and 50% Creative Writing? I've seen some that are two-thirds English or even three-quarters. Just wondering if anyone already studying it or who might know more about it could help me out.

Just in case anyone else is wondering, I've researched Hull's "Creative Writing and English" course and Keele's "English Literature and Creative Writing" course and they're both 50/50, as is Lancaster's "English Literature, Creative Writing and Practise". I've asked on the Huddersfield website whether their "English Literature with Creative Writing" course is 50/50, but haven't got a reply yet.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by artybadger34)Hey, I'm hoping to go to uni in 2019 and study English Literature and Creative Writing. I'm considering Warwick as one of my choices. My question is, how is the course weighted there? Is it 50% English and 50% Creative Writing? I've seen some that are two-thirds English or even three-quarters. Just wondering if anyone already studying it or who might know more about it could help me out.

Just in case anyone else is wondering, I've researched Hull's "Creative Writing and English" course and Keele's "English Literature and Creative Writing" course and they're both 50/50, as is Lancaster's "English Literature, Creative Writing and Practise". I've asked on the Huddersfield website whether their "English Literature with Creative Writing" course is 50/50, but haven't got a reply yet.

Hi artybadger34

You should have received a response from us now and in answer to your question, it's 50/50 for Huddersfield too. It sounds like a great course - if I had my time again, I'd love to study English Literature and Creative Writing.

Please let us know if you have any further questions about the course and good luck with your research and application work.

Best wishes,
Claire, UoH
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
(Original post by artybadger34)Hey, I'm hoping to go to uni in 2019 and study English Literature and Creative Writing. I'm considering Warwick as one of my choices. My question is, how is the course weighted there? Is it 50% English and 50% Creative Writing? I've seen some that are two-thirds English or even three-quarters. Just wondering if anyone already studying it or who might know more about it could help me out.

Hi artybadger34

You should have received a response from us now and in answer to your question, it's 50/50 for Huddersfield too. It sounds like a great course - if I had my time again, I'd love to study English Literature and Creative Writing.

Please let us know if you have any further questions about the course and good luck with your research and application work.

Best wishes,
Claire, UoH
Hello,

My name's Abbi, I'm the student rep for the University of Huddersfield here on TSR and I actually study English Lit with Creative Writing. If you have any course questions or student life questions - feel free to reply to this thread or drop me a message, I'll do my best to answer them.

Just a quick note, the course here is amazing! I absolutley love it and cannot reccomend it enough. It's fun and creative and engaging - but gives you the foundation to build upon for further study. The staff are amazing - so supportive and really know their stuff! It's such a small course as well, compared to other uni's, it creates a real relationship between staff and students and it becomes so personal. I am loooving my time here!

Sorry for my little tangent,

Abbi

Student Rep, University of Huddersfield
L.mckk01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all so here’s the down low: I’m applying to English and Philosophy at Exeter, Edinburgh, Bristol and Nottingham so I have one choice left to add to Track, and it’s either Birmingham or Southampton. Does anyone have some experience with the quality of teaching in either course, or just has any info on the humanities departments at either of the unis to help make my decision. I prefer the course at Birmingham for sure, but I’m really into water sports and the ideal place to do them would be at Southampton. Thanks in advance!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (23)
40.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (5)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (3)
5.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (14)
24.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
12.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
8.77%

Watched Threads