The Student Room Group

Need help with my UCAS application

I want to study Law and UCAS suggest you can use some sort of humour to aid your point. The truth is that, I first got into Law by watching "Suits" on Netflix and it helped me find work experience in a London city Law firm and strengthen my passion to study it. Would it be stupid of me to put in my application the truth about how I first found I was interested in Law or should I say something else instead?
Original post by Sorcus
I want to study Law and UCAS suggest you can use some sort of humour to aid your point. The truth is that, I first got into Law by watching "Suits" on Netflix and it helped me find work experience in a London city Law firm and strengthen my passion to study it. Would it be stupid of me to put in my application the truth about how I first found I was interested in Law or should I say something else instead?

I wouldn't, sounds stupid. Actually LSE has an example statement from a prospective law student which mentioned suits, it came under poor.
Reply 2
Thanks a lot for the quick response
Original post by Sorcus

Suits, Holby City, NCIS, Spooks, Casualty etc. are all very unrealistic and poorly represent what actually goes on in the profession these shows are trying to portray...
I guess that depends. If it is really important to you, which sounds to be the case, then I would say include it. But don't put much emphasis on that; it's not the main point that you're making. Emphasize your extracurricular activities and your interest in the course, and you should be fine.

Please take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply

Latest