The Student Room Group

GCSE Mocks

I want to go to Wallington girls for Sixth Form to study English. Since I can remember I’ve always been top of the class and received grade 9’s. My school has 2 sets of mocks: November and February. I’ve done my English mocks for November but they were really bad. I just did paper 2 language today and I don’t even think I got 20/80. I don’t know what to do cause Wallington wants the application in by December with my mocks but if they see that score I won’t get in. Everyone keeps saying to just move on but I can’t because that was my big opportunity and I blew it. I hate myself. And the shame and disappointment I feel really hurts. I just want to die and be done with all of this. I don’t know what to do and I’ve never felt so low before.
Is there any coming back from this? Or, should I just look at going to Sixth Form elsewhere like Coloma.
Original post by Plshelpme now
I want to go to Wallington girls for Sixth Form to study English. Since I can remember I’ve always been top of the class and received grade 9’s. My school has 2 sets of mocks: November and February. I’ve done my English mocks for November but they were really bad. I just did paper 2 language today and I don’t even think I got 20/80. I don’t know what to do cause Wallington wants the application in by December with my mocks but if they see that score I won’t get in. Everyone keeps saying to just move on but I can’t because that was my big opportunity and I blew it. I hate myself. And the shame and disappointment I feel really hurts. I just want to die and be done with all of this. I don’t know what to do and I’ve never felt so low before.
Is there any coming back from this? Or, should I just look at going to Sixth Form elsewhere like Coloma.

Talk to your teacher.
You sound and its not uncommon for people to exaggerate. It may not be as bad as you think.
Predicted grades may not just depend on mocks and if you have an excellent reference they will take that into account.
Ask to resit in February and if you improve ask them to consider you again.
If your actual GCSE are food, then ask them when the results come out as well as there may be spare places.

I get the disappointment, but you cant change your exam except in future performance, so beating yourself up and making yourself feel bad doesnt make a lot of sense.

Yes people suffer disappointments many times more serious and they recover, so keep it in proportion. Its not even a real exam. theres still hope and you dont even know how youve done yet. Give yourself a break and reformulate your plan. No reason for you to give up.

Quick Reply

Latest