chloe_12356
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Within my essay case study caterer was contracted to provide her service to a woman who was getting married. The caterer cancelled her in favour of another contract. She was left angry and engaged with a caterer who served inedible food. my question is does this woman have any rights in the law on contract? and what act would ensure she got a deposit back? Can she claim for damages of the caterer who she engaged with?
Last edited by chloe_12356; 1 year ago
chloe_12356
Rep:
?
bump
Klm1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Starting point - what do you need to have a contract?
Next point - what are the express and implied terms of the contract?
Have those terms been breached?
Has she suffered loss? Is that loss too remote?
What are the available remedies for a breach of contract?
chloe_12356
Rep:
?
thank you that is where the problems arise all it says in the brief is that Jade who's the women having the wedding and Sarah the caterer. Sarah cancelled Jane leaving her upset and angry when she is forced to deal with an alternative caterer.
Klm1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't need to know much more than that - break it down for example the 2nd caterer she engages:
Offer and acceptance - The caterer has offered to provide the service and the woman getting married has accepted this
Consideration - the woman getting married pays or states she will pay and the caterer provides the service.
Intention to create legal relations - No suggestion this isn't a formal relationship.

What are the terms - likely expresses ones such as the price, the amount of food to be produced and where etc. However the Consumer Rights Act implies a pretty important one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (146)
14.46%
I'm not sure (43)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
30%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.71%

Watched Threads